Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help with EK II & Award Document

Article about: Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase the following EK II together with an award document. The cross seems alright to me but the real object of my interest is the document. What do you th

?

Default Help with EK II & Award Document

Hello,

I have an opportunity to purchase the following EK II together with an award document.

The cross seems alright to me but the real object of my interest is the document. What do you think of it? Might it really be an original from the war?

I tried to search for other or similar examples but so far with no luck. I will be very grateful for your opinions. Thank you all in advance.

Help with EK II & Award DocumentHelp with EK II & Award DocumentHelp with EK II & Award DocumentHelp with EK II & Award DocumentHelp with EK II & Award DocumentHelp with EK II & Award Document

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with EK II & Award Document
    P
    Many

The cross is good. I am guessing the document is too
    but not being a paper collector, it is only a guess.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The paper is indeed an original 1917-dated award certificate for the EKII...For "Heroic conduct facing the enemy"...
    No problems here, friend....Here is my example in a different format...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with EK II & Award Document   Help with EK II & Award Document  

that's a nice set.

?

Thank you all, especially to bigmacglenn1966 for sharing his example. I really appreciate your help. After some additional search I also managed to find another example of the stamp from this unit and they both seem to match each other. It is interesting, how the format of these award certificates used to vary (unlike in the WW2).

Anyway, thank you again for your comments.

Glen:
    Great looking set . I would assume the document is the hard thing to find??
    Pavel's document looks different. Why?? I am learning here, so please bare with me.

John

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The paper is indeed an original 1917-dated award certificate for the EKII...For "Heroic conduct facing the enemy"...
    No problems here, friend....Here is my example in a different format...
    cheers, Glenn
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I'm not quite sure why different units used different documents, although mine is a preliminary award certificate (Vorlaufiges Besitzzeugnis)...
    I agree that the papers are a bit tougher to find, but they're out there, friend...Got mine on Ebay Germany for $30, the Cross itself for $35!...
    cheers and good luck,
    Glenn

?

There are faked documents out there. Even some very good ones, but they are almost always from some exotic unit, like a Sturm-Bataillon. I think the documents have a lot more historical interest than the actual medal. There was no standard format for EK documents in WWI. They were usually printed by the unit. I've seen them from battalion size units up to divisional level. They range from a scrap of hand-written paper to a full color art print. Many of these so-called "Schmuck" documents are quite sought after and legitimate works of art.

CCMJR

You also have to consider the various different States and Principalities that made up the German Army...such as Bavaria, Prussia, Hesse-Nassau, and the others within the German Reich...
    cheers, Glenn