Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with EK II & Wound Badge

Article about: Hello to all, I recently decided to start a small collection of WW I decorations. It is a very demanding hobby and I am taking my first steps and try to gather some knowledge about WWI colle

?

Default Help with EK II & Wound Badge

Hello to all,

I recently decided to start a small collection of WW I decorations. It is a very demanding hobby and I am taking my first steps and try to gather some knowledge about WWI collectibles. Therefore I would be very grateful for your opinions on the following two items.

1) The first one is EK II which I bought during my late trip to Leipzig, Germany. Could you please confirm it is genuine? If yes, do you have any suggestions who the manufacturer of this particular EK might be?

Unfortunately, I am unable to upload better photos – sadly, our cheap camera does not allow me to take sharper images than these. :-( There is, however, a small and very sharp line on the ribbon ring (right where the red pointer is). It looks to me like letter “I” which was used by an unknown EK II maker, but I am not sure if my “I” really corresponds to his style. I could not find any other examples to compare. Does anyone have experience with this particular manufacturer? Or was my EK created by completely different maker after all?

Help with EK II & Wound BadgeHelp with EK II & Wound BadgeHelp with EK II & Wound Badge

2) I am also considering buying the following Wound Badge. I tried to compare it with some trustworthy examples on the Internet. At first I felt that it looked good but now I am having some doubts about the pin; it seems to me rather bit long and blunt. What do you think about it? Is it an original WB worth of safe purchase?

Help with EK II & Wound BadgeHelp with EK II & Wound Badge

Thank you very much for your opinions and advices.

Cheers, Pavel

PS: And please forgive my clumsy English.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with EK II & Wound Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with EK II & Wound Badge

Both awards appear to be original...I can't comment on the EK's maker...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with Glenn.

I think your cross is very probably a Deumer
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Deumer means an original replacement made during the Third Reich period? How much collector's value do these post-war replacements have compared to common WWI crosses?

And are there any particular makers of wartime 1914 EKs who are considered to be more rare than others?