Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP?! 'Erinnerungsblatt 1914/18'

Article about: Hi' I'm new to the forum so pls excuse me if I mess something up I've been collecting for 7 years now but every now and then I come across something I don't usually see. At a flea market in

Default HELP?! 'Erinnerungsblatt 1914/18'

Attachment 763220Hi' I'm new to the forum so pls excuse me if I mess something up I've been collecting for 7 years now but every now and then I come across something I don't usually see. At a flea market in Luxembourg I came across an erinnerungsblatt 1914/18 and decided to buy it because I haven't seen one before and I think for 10€ it may have been a steal
    So my real question is 1. It's named to 'Webmeister ' Georg Bauer, Leineck and I'm not sure what webmeister means? Rank,name,title...?
    And 2. The rarity of the item I've heard of it before but have never seen one until yesterday
    I thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP?! 'Erinnerungsblatt 1914/18'  
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-10-2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Edited to rotate photos.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have moved your thread to the correct area.
    Please post photos so that members will be better able to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you very much I greatly appreciate your help p.s. I haven't figured out yet how to post photos from my iPad ...

This will assist you and should answer any questions.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    To make it simple, if you go to "Post a reply", then "Go Advanced", a little lower on the page you will see a box marked "Pictures Upload", a new window marked "File Upload Manager" will appear. If you click "Add files" another window will appear for you to select files from your computer. Always select "Files from your computer".
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Done and thx again sorry well that's it

nice find.

Other than agreeing with Harry, I can not help much.
    There are members that will be able to help you though. Andreas will no doubt be helpful when he sees this thread.
    Please remember, be patient, we are not all on here all of the time.
    Ralph.

Quote by ajk99US View Post
    So my real question is 1. It's named to 'Webmeister ' Georg Bauer, Leineck and I'm not sure what webmeister means? Rank,name,title...?
    Webmaster.

...Just kidding. It actually means "master weaver". These documents usually bore the civiian occupation of the recipient (unless he was still in the military, of course).

This is a decorative award certificate for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer, i.e. the 1914/18 Honor Cross for Combatants.

For a few other examples, see here (scroll down a bit): weltkriegs-ehrenkreuz - Urkunden

Sorry, I cannot comment on rarity and fiscal value.

I greatfully appreciate your help! And for the site information. And as for fiscal value I don't really care it's just a cool addition to my collection thx again