Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help to ID two Imperial German crowns

Article about: I picked up these two Imperial German crowns, I have been trying to ID them but none of the collectors in my area can ID them. They are 3 ¾ “ X 4 ¾ “, they appears to be a metal casting w/ a

?

Default Help to ID two Imperial German crowns

I picked up these two Imperial German crowns, I have been trying to ID them but none of the collectors in my area can ID them. They are 3 ¾ “ X 4 ¾ “, they appears to be a metal casting w/ attachment pins on the back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to ID two Imperial German crowns   Help to ID two Imperial German crowns  

Help to ID two Imperial German crowns  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help to ID two Imperial German crowns
    P
    Many

Don't know what they are for, but they sure looks nice ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

Hello Georg,

They look similar in shape/design to the smaller size and thinner stamped crown on a Hessen buckle. Not sure what these are for, but I would say probably something dealing with the Hessen Grand Duchy.

Best Regards,

Alan

?

Alan
    I thought the very same thing when I first saw them but after a comparison I noticed there are subtle differences between the Hessen buckle crown and a Prussian crown.
    The design on the brow band of the what I think may be Prussian crown, the brow band of the crown pictured above, has a square in the center with circles and oblong shapes running to the back. The Hession crown has diamonds and 4 small dots in a diamond shape running around the brow band.
    I have posted a photo of a Hessen buckle for comparison.
    Just an observation
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to ID two Imperial German crowns  

?

Thanks – I took them to a military show, one of the guys said that they look like decorative attachment to a Prussian Parade saddle Skirt- that kind of make sense to me-what do you guys think?

?

I would have to agree that they are off a Schabracke.

I'm trying to identify a similar crown, placed on the grips of a 1916 bayonet:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...6/#post1759634