Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?

Article about: Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest? Stumbled upon this need some help identify crest (I have no idea) To me the hanger looks weird also. Thanks Guys! Bill PS sorry

Default Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?

Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?
    Stumbled upon this need some help identify crest (I have no idea)
    To me the hanger looks weird also.
    Thanks Guys!

Bill
    PS sorry about feet
    Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Imperial sword WKC identification needed, unknown crest?
    P
    Many

Hi Bill,

It's Wurttemburg's version of the 1889 Pattern Officer Sword. Looks like it was made by W.K.C. The wire wrap and rayskin grip is in great condition, which is a big plus. The leather finger loop is broken off and turned around the wrong direction at the bottom of the handle, which isn't a big deal. Someone probably took the pommel nut and grip off years ago, goofing around with the sword and didn't put it back in the correct direction.

Best Regards,

Alan

I'm disappointed to see that this member "Wblastoff" is either "too busy" or doesn't care to say "thank-you" for the positive identification of this sword before hurrying off to eBay with it to list it for sale. I personally find this a bit distasteful and ill-mannered. German Sword Wurttemberg M1889 Infantry Officers Degen Saber Sabel w Hanger WK C | eBay

Looks like his wife/girlfriend likes to be photographed barefoot too... Jean Claude Jitrois Awesome Brick Red Leather Coat Skirt Small 24 7770 2045 | eBay

This is one of my pet peeves.
    I am more than happy to help out a fellow collector, even if that means
    spending hours digging through old files, tracking down old threads from the
    different forums I belong to or taking a magnifying glass to my own collection.

Sometimes it's an easy find and sometimes it can be a long process but other
    collectors helped me out when I was just starting out and I am trying to pay it forward.
    All I get out of it is a sense personal satisfaction knowing that I helped and hopefully a
    "THANK YOU" from the person I am helping.

When someone retypes my responses onto ebay without even so much as a "How do you do"
    I feel like I have been used and that perhaps I should get a percentage of the sale price to
    cover my knowledge and research.

Mods--If I am out of line here, feel free to delete my post.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 06-23-2015 at 04:34 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Alan,

I understand your feelings. But it is quite odd as to the silence as Bill has been amply considerate and thankful with his other threads.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There have been several - perhaps not actual 'collectors'
    in that sense at all - who are here, it seems, for the sole
    purpose of having their items identified and evaluated
    for resale elsewhere.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    There have been several - perhaps not actual 'collectors'
    in that sense at all - who are here, it seems, for the sole
    purpose of having their items identified and evaluated
    for resale elsewhere.........
    Hence why I refuse to state values.
    If I tell them what they have, a simple google search will find them more than enough information to evaluate it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Same here. Very rarely will I talk about value.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.