Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?

Article about: A friend of mine just had his grandmother pass. Looking for any info about this. It's marked Ges Gesch and says hand made. I believe it is depicting a pre 1900's scene, but no clue.....thank

?

Default HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?

A friend of mine just had his grandmother pass. Looking for any info about this. It's marked Ges Gesch and says hand made. I believe it is depicting a pre 1900's scene, but no clue.....thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?   HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?  

HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?   HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?  

Looks to be depicting a much earlier scene than you suggest, 17th century perhaps, if it was 18th I might suggest something to do with Frederik the Great, could be Gustavus Adolphus, but not someone I would expect to be commemorated in Germany.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MVNCHEN (Munchen) stands for Munich.

The uniforms could well be from the 30 Years War era - 1618 to 1648.

Greetings Newbie,

The plaque appears to be a souvenir of the German City of Munich (München) depicting Gustav Adolf II of Sweden’s victory in 1632, (during the 30 years’ war). Here’s a similar contemporary view of the same event (see below). Gesetzlich geschützt (abbreviated Ges. gesch.) means protected by law, patented, copyrighted. Therefore, it must be a copyrighted piece of metal/art.

Regards,

Lance

HELP !!!!!!! mystery plaque, pre WW1?