Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with Sword identification please ?

Article about: I bought this at an auction as described as WWI german officers sword. Thanks for any help!

?

Default Re: Help with Sword identification please ?

Kris, I meant the sword sitting the wrong way in the scabbard. My comment had nothing to do with the portepee (knot)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Sword identification please ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with Sword identification please ?

Hey Dean, don't mind!!
    Must be a miscomprehension of my part!! I didn't know the meaning of " pet peave" , googling it made it sound like a pejorative connotation....
    That is why I said, I can tell you how a sword should sit in it's scabbard , but don't know anything about knot's, just to say that attention was given to more important details by other members....
    Don't know if I made it any easyer now.... (lol!!)
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi, Frogprince is, once again, spot on. Your sword was manufactured by WKC who's logo is a knight's helm usually surmounting the letters "WKC". The blade should be straight, usually plated and have double fullers on either side. Although rather poor, the photos appear to show a shagreen covered grip with a brass wire wrap and should incorporate a Royal Cypher for the Kaiser of Prussia Wilhelm II. If the cypher is missing then there should be two or three small holes in the centre of the grip obverse. If there are no holes then the sword was purchased without cypher, possibly for use by an organisation other than the regular Prussian Army? The knot appears to have pink stripes which would indicate a Fire Service weapon which your sword, to the best of my knowledge, is not?? The hilt has a fixed cartouche and a three bar knuckle guard. Other options for your pattern sword include a folding cartouche with a two bar knuckle guard. Both styles are found in steel, gilded brass and nickel plated metal.

Hope this is of help to you. If you need any other assistance please feel free to ask.

Regards Michael R

Frogprince and Michael are correct.
    A few photos of the hilt, cypher and guard of my example.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Sword identification please ?   Help with Sword identification please ?  

Help with Sword identification please ?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2