Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with unusual Pickelhaube

Article about: Gentlemen, I have a question relating to the latest Pickelhaube I have acquired. I apologize for the poor photos and will try to add better ones tomorrow. I am curious in particular, about t

?

Default Help with unusual Pickelhaube

Gentlemen, I have a question relating to the latest Pickelhaube I have acquired. I apologize for the poor photos and will try to add better ones tomorrow. I am curious in particular, about the brass lugs to the rear of the chinstrap lugs on each side. I believe the helmet was repurposed as it has extra holes behind the wappen and an impression in the leather near the top. Any insight is much appreciated.

CheersHelp with unusual PickelhaubeHelp with unusual Pickelhaube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with unusual Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with unusual Pickelhaube

Better photos indeed...but based on what you show, it may of been converted to Fire brigade use, and back again ! But we shall see when better images are posted..............
    Prost ! Steve.

?

More photos
    Sorry that they are sideways
    I have little snipits of time lately to do this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with unusual Pickelhaube   Help with unusual Pickelhaube  

Help with unusual Pickelhaube   Help with unusual Pickelhaube  

My first thoughts are that it's a messed with fire-helmet (with the comb removed), a spike, fake Prussian front plate, and the fake "Scroll" attributed to "Achievements in the Swedish Queens Guard Regiment", mounted and used for Theatric Purposes...
    I'm interested in hearing more rational explanations, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-16-2013 at 06:17 AM.

As feared...it is a converted back to a Pickelhaube Firemans helmet with as Glenn states a fake front plate.....the other fittings are not looking good either ! The impression of the "comb" can be clearly seen in the extra photographs, complete with "filled" attachment hole, which I have re submitted the correct way up.............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with unusual Pickelhaube   Help with unusual Pickelhaube  

?

Thankyou gentlemen. I knew it was "messed with" but couldn't place it's origin. I can't recall what I paid for this one, but I just picked up a fireman's helmet for about $75 which looks very similar to what this one may have been originally. I will compare them side by side when it arrives.