Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Here is another WW 1 German

Article about: Any idea what branch of the service he was in? Notice the back - he served in Romania for a while in 1917-18.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Here is another WW 1 German

Any idea what branch of the service he was in? Notice the back - he served in Romania for a while in 1917-18.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here is another WW 1 German   Here is another WW 1 German  

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Here is another WW 1 German

Here is a REALLY interesting foto from WW 1! It appears to me that these guys are British POW's, because I see a guard wearing a German Helmet. Look at the rags they are wearing. One is barefoot. Many are holding what I presume to be a a cooking pot. Any thoughts on this foto?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here is another WW 1 German  

?

Nothing about the men in the photo that would make me think British. Could this photo be from the Balkans?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I have no idea where it is from. I thought British because of their faces. You can't see it as well as I can, if you could then you would know what I mean. They look Celtic to me.

?

just put them on auction., looks like 2 nurses 1914LUISE and HILDO - who are they?

There are two German soldiers in the photo. One appears to be a member of the military police, note the gorget around his neck. possibly an officer as he also appears to be wearing a sword. Balkans would be my guess based on the dress of those lined up.

These photographs were taken during the 1916-17 campaign in Romania..........the soldier is a Bavarian, notice the cockade on the cap, it looks IMO to be white, it will have a blue centre, Bavarian Regiments were heavily involved in the Romanian campaign. The rear of the soldiers photo explains his involvement in the campaign between 23rd November 1917 & 14th March 1918. The second photograph shows Romanian POW's being guarded by members of the Feldgendarmeria (MP's). See here for more information
    Romania during World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.

Steve, thank you for the heads up on the photo. interestingly those lined up all appear to have the same mess kit. regards, david

nothing to do with your postcard, but could you tell me how you came by your Zeitner marked tank assault badge, as I have one as well (in Australia). regards, david