Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2

Article about: Gregg and Scott,,thanks for trying to get this thread going,I know there are some great medals out there,but where are they????????????............Dave H

Default Re: How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2

Gregg and Scott,,thanks for trying to get this thread going,I know there are some great medals out there,but where are they????????????............Dave H

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2
    P
    Many

Quote by SADolch View Post
    This medal is a Veterans Commemorative Victory Medal,I have heard it called the ..."Crowning Victory Medal"
    It's the Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkriegs [roughly "German Honor Commemorative Medal of the World War"].
    Instituted in 1921 and abolished and officially forbidden from further wear in 1934, this was one of the many unofficial WW1 commemorative/service medals of the Weimar era.
    The sword-and-wreath device on the ribbon is the Kampfabzeichen [roughly "Combat Badge"] identifying frontline soldiers.

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Gregg and Scott,,thanks for trying to get this thread going,I know there are some great medals out there,but where are they????????????............Dave H
    i go to dealer sites,Ebay and estate sales

Dave,

Sadly to say, but this is my only Austrian. I usually pass on things Austrian as I am not that familiar with them.

Anton

Alright, here a few (admittedly humble) additions.

First, the very common Kriegsdenkmünze 1914-18 des Kyffhäuserbundes [1914-18 War Commemorative Medal of the Kyffhäuserbund]:

Next, another example of the Bavarian König-Ludwig-Kreuz [King Ludwig Cross]. This one was obviously kept/displayed in a way that exposed it to sunlight for a prolonged period (before it came into my possession, I might add). Notice how the exposed side has faded almost to an off-white. A good example for the dangers of sunlight exposure to medal ribbons.

And now four Austrians. First, the Eisernes Verdienstkreuz am Kriegsband [Iron Cross of Merit on the War Ribbon]. While not as severe as on the König-Ludwig-Kreuz, the ribbons of this decoration and the next one also show one-sided fading on the exposed obverse sides.

Here's a Tapferkeitsmedaille Kaiser Karl in Bronze [Emperor Karl Bravery Medal in Bronze]:

A Kriegsmedaille [War Medal]:

And, finally, a Feuerwehr- und Rettungsmedaille für 25-jährige Tätigkeit [Fire- and Rescue Medal for 25 Years of Service]:

Here's my small contribution to the thread....Glenn

The black-enameled cross is a Freikorps Detachement von Randow award....
    Attached Images Attached Images How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-30-2012 at 10:45 PM.

HPL...GLENN...SCOTT....GREAT ITEMS ALL.......

Anton....your medal is called the "KARL TRUPPENKREUZ" or KARL TROOP CROSS,awarded to those Austrian troops that served in WW1

Here are a few more to try and keep the thread going....
    (1) Naval Flanders Cross with bar (SOMME)
    (2) 4th class Prussian order of the Red Eagle
    (3) War Veteran's medal
    (4) King Karl Jubilee medal with clasp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2   How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  

How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2   How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  

How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2   How about a thread on German ,Austrian medal's before WW 2  

I am enjoying this thread very much!! here are a few more from my collection:

Württemberg bar with Wilhem's Cross period mismounted on the Bronze FA ribbon

Bavarian Bar with a Homemade addition for the Hinderberg Cross

Prussian bar with Non Combatant Medal for the Franco Prussian War,who was recalled for the Great War

?

Victory is not about dying for your cause. Victory is about making the others dying for their causes!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast