MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

How about this Pickelhaube?

Article about: Okay guys I am looking for a nice pickelhaube as I would like to make a imperial display with a WW1 Ek, WW1 German Bayonet etc... Anyway, i notice that many reproduction pickelhaubes are imp

Default How about this Pickelhaube?

Okay guys I am looking for a nice pickelhaube as I would like to make a imperial display with a WW1 Ek, WW1 German Bayonet etc... Anyway, i notice that many reproduction pickelhaubes are imported from India but could you guys give me some tips on how to the spot the reproduction from the real deal. Could any of you guys help me out with this one and spot if there are any red flags please?
    Thanks, Glen,
    Attached Images Attached Images How about this Pickelhaube?  How about this Pickelhaube?  How about this Pickelhaube?  How about this Pickelhaube?  How about this Pickelhaube?  How about this Pickelhaube? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How about this Pickelhaube?
    P
    Many

Default Re: How about this Pickelhaube?

A reproduction ! purporting to be a Guards Pickelhaube.......as for pointers, see the many threads on Pickelhaubes here on this sub forum, compare, look at originals and you will soon see the red flags...construction, shape of fittings, details etc etc .....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

It is a new helmet that was put in hot water to age it but it screwed up the leather. Fakers can be exteremly stupid.

Not a good one at all. The red flag for me is the strap. Look at how smooth it is, without any wear at all. The front piece lacks the detail you would expect on a quality WWI era helmet. The drawstring makes me want to cry. With helmets like this it is probably worth spending the extra money to buy from a reputable dealer instead of looking for a cheaper one with questionable origins.

Regards,
    Corey

?

.. Im not an expert on PH's, but in this case..one need'nt be to know this is bad!

Shape (especialy the rear visor!!) and finish are a give away!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris