Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.

Article about: nice items Kenneth small is nice..! cheers, Pat

KSH
    ?

Default A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.

Nothing special, but nice humble additions to my small collection

#1 Miniatur an Bandschleife - Kriegsdenkmünze für die Feldzüge 1870-71:

A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.

#2 Patriotischer Abzeichen - 'Einigkeit macht stark' ("Unity makes strong" - Deutsches Reich und Österreich-Ungarn) an Nadel und Schleife:

A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.

#3 Die Kyffhäuser Kriegsgedenkmünze 1914-1918 des Kyffhäuser-Bundes:

A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.

#4 Bayerische Militär-Verdienstkreuz - III. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern:

#5 Miniatur vom Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber + Schwerter - für Bandspange (very small device for ribbon bar):

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A humble assortment of newly acquired Imperial items.

Nice items!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Beautiful items indeed.

very nice additions i really like the Die Kyffhäuser Kriegsgedenkmünze 1914-1918 des Kyffhäuser-Bundes it reminds me a lot of the west wall medal thanks for sharing

KSH
    ?

Thank you all for your kind words!

Quote by talltom View Post
    very nice additions i really like the Die Kyffhäuser Kriegsgedenkmünze 1914-1918 des Kyffhäuser-Bundes it reminds me a lot of the west wall medal thanks for sharing
    Yes, I also like these a lot - the quality of manufacture compared with the "west wall medal" is unfortunately rather low. They were after all unofficial decorations manufactured for a veteran's organization in the early 20's and were banned from wear in 1936 after the "Hindenburg Cross" was established in 1934.

- Kenneth

Kenneth, nice items ! I especially like the "Bayerische Militär-Verdienstkreuz - III. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern" a great looking medal !
    Cheers ! Steve.

Quote by KSH View Post
    Yes, I also like these a lot - the quality of manufacture compared with the "west wall medal" is unfortunately rather low. They were after all unofficial decorations manufactured for a veteran's organization in the early 20's.
    Yes, and also manufacured in very large quantities, thus still quite common.

Here's mine, along with a lapel bow that also sports the ribbon for this medal. (The fourth one from the top; due to the ribbon colors it can be easily mistaken for a KVK2 medal, although the proportions are of course different.)

KSH
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes, and also manufacured in very large quantities, thus still quite common.

Here's mine, along with a lapel bow that also sports the ribbon for this medal. (The fourth one from the top; due to the ribbon colors it can be easily mistaken for a KVK2 medal, although the proportions are of course different.)
    That lapel bow is very nice indeed! It might be just the photos, but it seems your example has no gilding left so we are seeing only the Buntmetall (if it ever was gilded like mine)?

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    That lapel bow is very nice indeed! It might be just the photos, but it seems your example has no gilding left so we are seeing only the Buntmetall (if it ever was gilded like mine)?
    Yes; it looks bronze. Either the gilding has vanished or it was not gilded in the first place.

KSH
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes; it looks bronze. Either gilding has vanished or it was not gilded in the first place.
    It looks rather nice like that. In fact the gilding of these medals is of very low quality - that becomes very apparent in hand.

- Kenneth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast