Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

I.D Disc

Article about: Hi, I need a little help with this one. Am I right in saying that the abbreviations on Imperial discs are relative to those on Third Reich discs? I have little experience with Imperial discs

Default I.D Disc

Hi, I need a little help with this one. Am I right in saying that the abbreviations on Imperial discs are relative to those on Third Reich discs? I have little experience with Imperial discs and I wish to improve this area. The disc below is giving me a little headache.

From my TR experience it states '3rd replacement machine gun company' but what is the 9.A.K?

On the rear states '3rd machine gun company, Infantry regiment 410'.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I.D Disc   I.D Disc  

Default Re: I.D Disc

RM, welcome to the Imperial sub forum....."3rd Ersatz (Replacement) Machine Gun company, 410th Infantry Regiment, 9th Army Korps" (H.Q. @ Schleswig-Holstein)......J.R.410 was created late 1916 and was attached to the 405 Infantry Brigade of the 203rd Infantry Division. It recruited in the Brandenburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Hannover and the Hanseatic Cities. It fought, 1916 Courland, 1917 Riga, Dec 1917 France, 1918 Battle of Rheims, Champagne and ended the war on the Argonne front opposite U.S. forces. Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 10-07-2011 at 04:17 PM.