Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying WW1 Uniform Type

Article about: I was curious what uniform this was and what medal that is? It looks like an iron cross to me and a M1910/14 Feldbluse. Am I correct on this?

?

Default Identifying WW1 Uniform Type

Identifying WW1 Uniform Type
    I was curious what uniform this was and what medal that is? It looks like an iron cross to me and a M1910/14 Feldbluse. Am I correct on this?

?

Also this soldier was from Bavaria.

Quote by WillC View Post
    I was curious what uniform this was and what medal that is? It looks like an iron cross to me and a M1910/14 Feldbluse. Am I correct on this?
    Imperial-era uniforms are not my area of expertise, so I will leave others to comment on the tunic, but the ribbon is definitely not for an Iron Cross: The 1914 EK2 had black outer stripes and a black center stripe; this ribbon's color is far too light for that. It's one of the many other decorations from any one of the German states. I don't think it's possible to make a positive ID from this photograph.

Andreas is correct about the ribbon, it just appears to be a pale blur!...

?

The uniform is the M-07/10 blouse. WillC why do say Bavarian? The photo appears to be a little over exposed to me, for even the piping on the uniform is hard to see. Not even going to guess at the ribbon.

?

I know he was Bavarian since the soldier was from Glonn. I'll get a better quality picture in a little bit.

?

ok - I thought there was something in the photo that I didn't see.

?

No matter how hard I try I just can't get a better picture of the uniform enough to show the detail in the medal. It just appears to be a white strip, probably due to poor lighting etc. Hopefully I can find his records on ancestry since they carry ww1 Bavarian records. I got 6 matches for Heinrich Reisacher which match with his birth date. I know he survived the war and judging where he was from I think he was part of the 1. Königlich Bayerische Divsion. If anyone has more knowledge on how locations factored into which unit soldiers served in that would be great. I'm not entirely sure because district borders might have changed post war etc.

?

This is a simplified M1907 Feldrock. I can say that because the straps are sewn to the shoulder seam (not removable) and they have no piping. The straps were simplified before the Brandenburg cuffs were. I'm guessing that the whitish appearance of the ribbon might indicate the Bavarian Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse.