Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial EK2

Article about: It was a good day at the gunshow. I looked all around the ring, but couldn't find any markings there. Was there anywhere else they put a MM? Next a wound badge and I'll be happy.

Default Imperial EK2

It was a good day at the gunshow. I looked all around the ring, but couldn't find any markings there. Was there anywhere else they put a MM? Next a wound badge and I'll be happy.

Imperial EK2
    Imperial EK2
    Imperial EK2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial EK2
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial EK2

Looks ok, the corrosion on may have been painted over.
    Morris

?

Hi Paul, the ring is the only place you will find a MM. Good day at the gun show I would say!

Hello Paul,
    I believe this one has a cast core. If it has been repainted, it was done very well as I see no paint on the frame which is usually the case. Maybe if you look closely, you may be able to see some. A few makers of EK's would mark the small jump ring instead of the ribbon ring, but only on Imperial ones.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you guys, I never thought about it having been repainted, I focused so much on the beading, I passed over the rest of it. The seller had 3 of these, but only 2 had ribbons(which I'm pretty sure this ribbon is a replacement) The paint on all of them was about the same, with the bubbles or bumps underneath. Now I'll have to check out the other 2 tomorrow.

Thanks Ralph, I'll take another look at the smaller ring.

I agree,
    The core looks have been rusted and then repainted.
    I also agree that the ribbon looks like a new replacement.
    But if the price was right, it's a nice looking piece.

Here is an example of a maker marked small ring.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial EK2 
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

A good cross but the ribbon is definitely a repro. I'm not sure about the core being repainted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I looked at his other EK2s, and the metal under the paint was smoother, only one had any wear that showed metal underneath, and the paint itself looked similar. I just assumed that old metal does strange things under old paint. It will pair well with my wound badges I think. Thank you for your time and help guys

I looked at the small ring attached to the cross itself, didn't see any MM there either. Now that I have one, I might have to buy another so I can compare

Looking at the pics here, and looking at the medal in hand, IRL it doesn't look as pitted as the pics do.