Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 177 of 215 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

?

That´s a really nice Wagner, and I do like the photos. Just one note, this is not Wagner´s core, but generic, so called "slant W" core, used by many known and unknown makers. But hardware (mainly the pin) is definitely Wagner.

Miro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Congrats Pawel, a very nice looking cross with a great patina IMO :-)

MFG
    Marc

That's a great looking cross. IMO, Wagner made some of the finer 1914 crosses.
    They have nicely detailed frames and a very nice looking long slender pin.

And on a personal note, I would like to say THANK YOU for adding to the EK thread.
    It's not had a new post in over a month and I have been with too many other
    things to be able to add anything worth while.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    That's a great looking cross. IMO, Wagner made some of the finer 1914 crosses.
    They have nicely detailed frames and a very nice looking long slender pin.

And on a personal note, I would like to say THANK YOU for adding to the EK thread.
    It's not had a new post in over a month and I have been with too many other
    things to be able to add anything worth while.
    Thank you (and to unimarc and Miro as well). Wagner really has some charm, and I can understand now why he became one of the royal jewelers.

This thread has created a very impressive collection of imperial crosses over the years, so I am happy to contribute with my small addition and keep it growing. I wish I had much bigger budget, which would allow me to buy more then two or three crosses per year.

Quote by Pavel View Post
    This thread has created a very impressive collection of imperial crosses over the years, so I am happy to contribute with my small addition and keep it growing. I wish I had much bigger budget, which would allow me to buy more then two or three crosses per year.
    Thank you
    I started this thread 6 years ago because of a surprising lack of iron crosses being
    posted. I am very proud of all of the response it has had and I really enjoy seeing
    everyones new additions.------and like you, I can only afford two or if I'm really lucky
    maybe three crosses a year.
    gregM

myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    It's not had a new post in over a month
    Soon Greg!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looking forward to it.
    gregM

myself around.

A recent addition to my 1914 EK collection.
    Ralph.
    Imperial Eks
    Imperial Eks
    Imperial Eks
    Imperial Eks
    Imperial Eks
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice EK with character, Ralph!

By the way, although K.A.G. is considered unknown maker, I found some references browsing the web, that crosses marked K.A.G. were produced in Austria-Hungary, by company Franz Kühmayer A.G. in Poszony (today Bratislava, Slovakia). They were ordered by Königliche Eisenbahn Zentralamt and started being delivered since April 1917. I found a discussion, where author of the key post (Tom63) is claiming he will show the evidence in his book "Eisernes Kreuz 1. class version 1914". Post is from 2012, so the book should be out now.

I posted the question on GMIC, whether anybody know this book or not. One of the members (Eric Stahlhut) said that Tom63 is well known Russian collector Nicolai. Mr. Stahlhut even has a copy of this book, but in Russian, so he is destined only to browse the pics. I asked him to post the scans of crucial page (156, volume one) so I can translate it. But stil received no reply. For me being Slovak it would be very interesting to know whether some EKs were produced in territory of todays Slovakia...

Hi Miro,
    Sounds like a very interesting theory, looking forward to the outcome :-)

Mfg
    Marc