Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 215 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Well, definitely not S-W or WS... It looks like the one you posted, so I guess it's the mystery M or IVI! Is there anything in particular that is known about this maker, as counter-intuitive as that sounds. Is it a common maker? Thanks!

I will try to get a decent shot of the mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

It's just one of the many unknown makers. It's not a real common makers mark but not one I would consider rare.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Wagner crosses would be marked S-W or WS for Sy-Wagner and
    for Wagner & Sohn.
    BTW-- nice cross .
    Greg, I was under the impression that for the firm Johann Wagner and Sohn by the start of the Great War, used a number of stamps, including, JW, JWS, W, W & S, Wa, WS, and WuS. I take it that Johann Wagner and Sohn and Wagner and Sohn are the same firm....and that Sy-Wagner, started in 1859 by Jeremie Sy and Albert Wagner have no affiliation with 'other' Wagner company.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Greg, I was under the impression that for the firm Johann Wagner and Sohn by the start of the Great War, used a number of stamps, including, JW, JWS, W, W & S, Wa, WS, and WuS. I take it that Johann Wagner and Sohn and Wagner and Sohn are the same firm....and that Sy-Wagner, started in 1859 by Jeremie Sy and Albert Wagner have no affiliation with 'other' Wagner company.
    You are right, Johann Wagner is thought to be associated with all those stamps.
    That is one reason I would like to see the mark on the cross in question. I have
    never seen a cross that was just marked "W". (not that they don't exsist) but
    I have yet to see one posted. However I have seen many with the M or IVI mark.
    gregM

myself around.

Gents...Ive made this thread a 'sticky', as not only is it showing some superb crosses but I feel it is a learning curve for many, including my self !...and an important reference thread. Thanks to Chopperman, Greg, for starting this thread off, and for showing us his impressive collection, which I am sure has inspired many !....keep those crosses coming gentlemen !

?

Been a little while since somebody posted something so I thought I would start posting more of my EKs that are not on bars since I posted those in the other medal bars thread I started. This has been the most influential thread to me so lets keep em comin! Here is one with MM ED.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

?

Another EK2 MM L. Will post more as I take the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Nice I would love to see more.

I've been going through a bit of a dry spell. Slow at
    work so no money for Eks.
    gregM

myself around.

?

I know what you mean Chopperman. Ive been living on the rest of my deployment money until now, I finally found a full time job. Some of these Ive had a while just never posted them. First up I think is a MM V. Its hard to tell but thats the only thing it could be is a V or U. The second one is a lightly stamped R. I will keep posting more as I still need to take more pictures.

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

?

Here we have in order unmarked, KO, G, and a LW. Hope you enjoy. I also have a few cased EK1s and EK2 case to share next weekend when I get back from drill.

Page 38 of 215 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast