Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 186 of 215 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

It's been a month without any activity on this thread so I'm posting
    this just to possibly stir up some interest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Here are my Imperial EKs and the other WW1 era medals I have.

I was informed by the dealer I bought the following from that the chap in the photo is the owner of the actual EK1 that I have, along with EK2 to the right and the Legion of Honour medal with wreath next to it (although the ribbon was replaced long ago for an Austrian one).

Other than identifying him as a German I'll need to investigate to see if I can identify unit etc although there doesn't look like there is much to go on (to me).

Imperial Eks

?

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Here are my Imperial EKs and the other WW1 era medals I have.

I was informed by the dealer I bought the following from that the chap in the photo is the owner of the actual EK1 that I have, along with EK2 to the right and the Legion of Honour medal with wreath next to it (although the ribbon was replaced long ago for an Austrian one).

Other than identifying him as a German I'll need to investigate to see if I can identify unit etc although there doesn't look like there is much to go on (to me).
    That’s a nice lot you have there. It's nice to have original ribbons but I came across a photo of the same group being sold without ribbons, so would think they're a more recent addition from the dealer.

These two 1st class crosses below belonged to the same man, the well used KO cross (a late 1918 award) was worn daily during WWII, the other was perhaps a private purchase for party get togethers or parades during WWII.

Does anyone have a clue who the maker might have been? It has the typical larger WWII size and although I can’t see anything stamped on the reverse, it resembles a BH Mayer to me. Sorry about the poor quality pics.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Tony,
    That is a great look cross and I am pretty sure (90%) that
    it is a B.H. Mayer.

I have a screwback version that has a similar core and I have always thought
    mine to be a Mayer.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks  Imperial Eks 
    gregM

myself around.

BTW -- Tony, wonderful photos of your cross.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 02-04-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    gregM

myself around.

?

Thanks Greg!

That's a nice screw back you have there and yes, the cores do look the same.

Imperial EK2s are not only nice, but they can often be picked up at less than half the price of a TR period EK2.

Today, I've added this EK2 by Godet to my collection. Now to find a Juncker!!

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Imperial EK2s are not only nice, but they can often be picked up at less than half the price of a TR period EK2.
    I agree and of course the Imperial crosses form an integral part of the history especially relevant are the WWI types which were of course still being worn during the TR period.

Here are a couple in my collection. Sorry the pics are not the best, I must take some better ones.

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-14-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: missing words
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Mark,
    That is a very nice collection of crosses. Thanks for adding them
    to the thread.

I tend to lean more towards 1st class crosses than 2nd class. Mainly
    because of the wide variety of pins, catches, screws and other hardware
    used for attachment. Like most, I started out with a Ek2 and still pick one
    up from time to time.
    gregM

myself around.

This mornings arrival is this lovely condition 1914 Eisernes Kreuz Klasse 2 by C.E. Juncker along with a miniature personalised ribbon.

Imperial Eks