Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Thanks chopperman, i have one of the M stamped and at first i thought it was an M..but as you say as it was a bit stretched, but IVI thats great...and an LW...good, thats a few more off the list...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Hi Darren,
    The one cross is "L W" not Luftwaffe. For some reason, on this site if you type L and W together, the server automaticly changes it to Luftwaffe. It's really kind of a pain in
    the butt. I went back and edited my original reply.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-08-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg, sorry about that. But it is part of the general forum purge to stop these nasty abbreviations which people use. The reasons are

A: Historical correctness
    B: search engines pick up on correct wording

Cheers, Ade.

[QUOTE=AntonEbans;196108]The center two medals are the centenial medal of IR23 von Winterfeldt. Would anyone know what type of ribbon or attachment it had originally?..........
    Anton, such medals were commemorative, and were not State recognised medals, and as such were not worn with official medals/awards, they were intended to be worn pinned to civilian jackets at rememberance parades, reunions etc, or attached to watch fobs, key rings etc....however, I have seen these badges/medals with patriotic ribbons attached, i.e. colours of the State or national flag.
    Hope that helps, Prost ! Steve.

Thank you Steve. My thoughts went along that line, however never thought about the ideal of a watch fob. Makes perfect sence though, A Soldaten/Veteran with pride in that unit would always have it with him, a perfect reason to pull it out for show and it also explains the amount of hard wear on these and others I have seen.

As far as the EKI, I've suspected that it was not an original since it's puchase on ebay germany. Goes hand in hand with the "feel" I've read about on this thread.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Plus a HUGE Thank you for the things that I have learned from this thread. You Gentlemen are the finest.

Danke,
    Anton

Quote by AntonEbans View Post
    " the a perfect reason to pull it out for show and it also explains the amount of hard wear on these and others I have seen ".
    Anton, exactly !......
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by AntonEbans View Post
    As far as the EKI, I've suspected that it was not an original since it's puchase on ebay germany. Goes hand in hand with the "feel" I've read about on this thread.
    Hi Anton, I wouldn't feel too bad about getting caught with the EK1. A dealer friend of mine with 40 years experience in general militaria (but not an expert on EK's) was caught by an aged one of these. I've advised him to join the forum. It would have saved him £70!!, Cheers, Richard.

?

I also got nabed by this one when I started out. German ebay too. The picture wasnt very good and it was cheep. Didnt think mine would be the winning bid since I didnt bid very much. Another too good to be true. When I got it in the mail I knew right away it was fake. Why did I do that I said but now Im alot more patient when buying. If Im not sure at a flea market I wont chance it. I will simply tell the seller I need to research it at the house and if it checks out I will give him a call. It hurts when someone else buys it before you when all is well but it hurts more when you jump on a fake, besides you will always find something else you want if not the same item later. Will post some more real ones as soon as I can take some descent pictures. Out here, Lee

?

I finally got this one on here. After seing Gregs cross a while back I was on the hunt and found this one for my collection and he was right when he said every EK collection needs this one! I just have one question. Could anyone tell me who might have manufactured this one? Thanks, Lee Imperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

I believe this one is made by Paul Meybauer. Meybauer usually marked their crosses but that is not
    always the case. I can not really make out the details of the crown and date on your cross. But I'm
    90% sure it's a Meybauer. Check the details and the frame inner corners against this one----
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 52 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast