Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 54 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Gents, worthy of discussion ?....never seen one before, a sew-on EK I, hollow back, one piece stamped, is it genuine ?......feasible, given the range of varients of Imperial EK's.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Steve,
    I really doubt this is an awarded or private purchase military award. I would bet that
    this cross is a patriotic piece that was probably attached to a box or frame or memorial
    of some sort.

Kind of on the order of this box with a 1939 Ek on the lid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Otter76

According to the book "The iron Time", there were 3,790,384 combatant (black/white) Ek2
    awarded for ww1. There were also 13,000 non-combatant (white/black) Ek2 awarded.

Here is an example of a non-com Ek2---
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks 
    gregM

myself around.

You experts please take a look at this one. The top of the cross appears different to me than other crosses I have looked at, regarding the loop for the ribbon. I cannot find any marks on it to assist in its identification.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

To me it looks like the original suspension loop has come unsoldered from the frame and a new poor replacement added in it's place?

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with Ade. The cross looks to be an original that's been repaired.
    gregM

myself around.

Quote by leej11 View Post
    For all your viewing pleasures here is "pride and joy"! First up is a WS in an early case with its origional packing box! All show a fair amount of wear but I will take these over any bottle of wine and why drink wine when you could have German beer! The cross is cracking but its a face only we could love and the latch to the case is broken.

Next is "joy". Here is a very beautiful well kept very stiff marked 800 and Engraved! I missed out on a cased engraved cross a while back and was pretty bummed But this one sure made my day!
    Leej your case is exactly like mine. The carton and it's stamp is the same also, mine just doesn't have the white label. Now that i have seen yours i think i know why. The label seems to be glued on the carton and mine has been lost over the years. I can see a color difference on the front side, like something was attached there and now that it's gone that part has a lighter shade. Case solved i'm mr. Monk lol
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I have many things to post here but I think I should start with the most important because its regarding authenticity. I need some oppinions on this 1870 type A cross with both 1895 Jubiläumsspange and Wiederholungsspange. Meaning this guy had a long service record. You would expect to see this group on a bar but they also existed on a single cross such as this one. (A spare maybe) The band is real. I need your opinions about the rest. The cross doesnt seem to be a 9 bead fake unless you can see better than me. The crown looked a little funny at first but compared to my other 2 crosses it looks ok. The headband also doesnt seem to be off either but again Im asking for another set of eyes. I can find nothing wrong with the date so far either. The 1895 spange I can only hope is good. The Wiederholungsspange looks very nice. Looks to have silver content and the enemal is nice (No signs of cat paw). The back is maker marked but Im having a hard time taking it off the ribbon to photograph. Maybe I will try again tommorrow. I understand that we may never know if everything is real but if the cross itself is good then I will keep the whole thing. Thanks in advance!

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

Congratulations Lee on a very nice looking 1870.

The pictures are a bit fuzzy but from what I can see, the cross looks good.
    So does the 25 year oak leaf cluster. I won't say yes or no on the 1914
    spange. The quality is good but these little things have been fooling people
    for years.
    gregM

myself around.

?

Thanks Greg! Thats just what the doctor ordered! I will use a freinds scanner to post better pics when I get a chance.

Page 54 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 154 ... LastLast