MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 89 of 215 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

I thought of buying originals, but then the cost hit me. Repros all the way as much as I can. To me, originals belong with people like Ferg1, where one large collection of originals is somewhat better that hundreds having just one. Just my thoughts.

I've yet to find out what happened with MvR's medals. The PLM was required to be worn at all times, apparently, so what happened to it? Similarly with the EK1 & 2, although he often went up in his pyjamas and flying suit, his last flight was late enough in the morning that he would've dressed properly, ie tunic plus medals.
    I haven't read anything to support his medals going missing, but have read that his Ordenkissen carrying his medals was present at the 1925 funeral, so more likely the medals were stolen by the Russians in 1945 than by the Brits/Aussies in 1918.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

?

I prefer the genuine relics, but to each his own.
    Genuine decorations does limit ones buying power. At least for us mere mortals.
    Re the Pour le Merite: In WWII it was the custom for the awardee to receive for example two Knights Crosses.
    That way he could wear one in battle and have a finer one at home.
    If that was also the case during WWI, there is one explanation for the 'ordenskissen.'
    If the PlM was on his body when shot down it was scavenged by the first arriving troops and is most likely gone forever.
    Anyway, was only one PlM issued, they had plenty where they came from to display at the funeral. Might not have been a Richthofen PlM at the funeral.

?

Good thinking there, Scout. I hadn't thought of that.

I am stunned at how popular the WW1-era medal-collecting is here, esp when it comes to the EKs. To me, you guys keep the history alive.

Here is a new cross to add to my Imp. EK collection. It is marked "FR", for Frank & Rief. The ribbon ring was a little beat up and out of round when it was received, but not any more.
    The two came to me together for the price of a complete TR EK II. The TR EK is an unmarked '23'
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Could FR also stand for "FR", "Fr": Brothers Friedländer, Berlin Schlossplatz, 13 ?
    Poinçon des joailliers allemands *

Quote by NickM View Post
    Could FR also stand for "FR", "Fr": Brothers Friedländer, Berlin Schlossplatz, 13 ?
    Poinçon des joailliers allemands *
    From information that I access, 'FR' is for Frank & Rief, 'Fr' stands for Brothers Friedländer, Berlin Schlossplatz, 13
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Good deal.

Very nice cross Ralph.
    We still don't really know for sure who "Fr" and "FR" were.
    Frank & Rief and Friedlander are the names most often tossed about
    but we still don't know which was which OR if either one were the makers.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very nice cross Ralph.
    We still don't really know for sure who "Fr" and "FR" were.
    Frank & Rief and Friedlander are the names most often tossed about
    but we still don't know which was which OR if either one were the makers.
    Thanks Greg!
    I am aware that little is known for sure, we can only work with information that we have available to us. The link you gave me last time we discussed this does not give any possible maker for "FR". The one I use most of the time is this one.
    Makers of the 1914 EK2
    Cheers,
    Ralph.

Very nice Imperial cross, Ralph. Good addition.

Regards

Page 89 of 215 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 ... LastLast