Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 93 of 215 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Nice one . The KMST pinbacks are not a common cross but I don't
    know if I would consider it rare.

To your second question. I wondered that myself. The backside of the crosses
    have a very rough , dull finish. I had mine tested using the acid test and it proved
    to be 800 silver. I believe that the backplates were just never polished smooth
    from the factory.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

?

Pierre, very nice KMST cross. Nice retaining pin contraption. Hadnt seen that one before.

?

Hello Guys any idea what this could be off has you can see by the pics it is very small and looks like its been fixed to something in the past ,Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks  Imperial Eks 

Hi Paul, maybe a decoration to a patriotic item? I have 2 WWI photo frames that they have attached custom made small EKs on them. Also wooden period cases for saving various small things (jewelery, photos etc) used to have these decorations.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thanks Mate,It,s quite detailed for a small item i wonderd what it was for ,Regards Paul.
    Last edited by paul a; 07-22-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Looks like it might have been part of a bracelet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hello -

I'm new to the forum but hope to spend more time here.

At some point today my very first eKs will arrive in the mail. They are both eK2s with ribbons.

In the mean time I have something that you all might be able to identify. Back in the late '90s I bought a WWI German M17 helmet along with a WWI German gas-mask complete with it's carrying canister. When they arrived I looked them over real well. For some odd reason I found an eK stuck behind the spare gas-mask lenses in the little canister in the top of the canister lid. This item had not been listed and the seller had no clue. All they had done was open the little lid to get a pic of the lenses envelope - they had no clue it was behind them.

For all intents and purposes it looks just like an eK and there is a spot on the top that looks like a ring holder has been broken off. It is in rough shape and I've made no attempt to clean it. I've been wondering if it was some sort of memento type eK, something along the lines of a sweetheart pin.

Any thoughts or ideas?

The first two pics were taken with a camera; the third and forth I used a scanner.

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    My best guess would be that it was some form of decoration or
    souvenir. During the early part of the war, it was a very patriotic
    time in Germany and you could find the Iron cross on almost anything.
    Much like today in the US, you can find Old Glory decorating all sorts
    of crap. As crudely made as it is, it may even be a bit of Trench Art.

Looking forward to seeing your Iron Crosses.
    gregM

myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    My best guess would be that it was some form of decoration or souvenir. During the early part of the war, it was a very patriotic time in Germany and you could find the Iron cross on almost anything. Much like today in the US, you can find Old Glory decorating all sorts of crap. As crudely made as it is, it may even be a bit of Trench Art.

Looking forward to seeing your Iron Crosses.
    Hmm...never thought of it possibly being trench art. I was thinking decoration as well, it reminded me of the crosses you can find on photo albums and such, but it's decorated on both sides. What ever it is it must have meant something to the guy. It definitely feels clunkier than the actual eKs.

I'll get you some better pictures tomorrow - the past two days have been too busy and I'm tired. That being said, here is a pic that includes the two eKs along with the rest of the items that came with them.

Imperial Eks

I'm not well versed in helmets but let me be the first to say WOW.
    I think you will be getting a lot of requests for close up shots of
    those camo steel pots.
    gregM

myself around.

Page 93 of 215 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 ... LastLast