Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 94 of 215 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 194 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Okay - here are my two eK2s. Sorry it took so long - my camera s***s and I've been trying to get some shots like those I've seen elsewhere on here. I finally gave up and decided to try again later. There still not the best but at least you can see them! I need a better camera....

I do have some questions about these though:

#1 - why do the ribbons not have clasps, or such, like other awards for other countries? A lot I've seen look like these. How did they pin them on, or are mine missing a top pin?

#2 - the one with the dirtiest ribbon has what appears to be dirt in the crevices; should this be cleaned out or just left alone? I'd hate to think I was doing away with part of the Western Front!!!

#3 - this one goes along with #2... Should you ever clean the metal part or just leave it alone?

One last thing... I did try to get a picture of the maker's stamp, but no matter what I tried all of them came out fuzzy. Both are hard to read; one looks like the typical mark, but the other one looks funny. Even under a magnifying glass I had a hard time with them. One looks like it could be "DCO" or "BCO" or some such. The other - it looks like a bunch of hash marks in one spot, but in another spot looks like something that has been worn away.

Anyway, here are the pics.

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Don't clean them. They're perfectly fine the way they are, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I had a feeling they should be left alone - at least that's what I told the wife. Any idea how to mount them without hurting the ribbons?

Quote by Correus View Post
    Okay - here are my two eK2s. Sorry it took so long - my camera s***s and I've been trying to get some shots like those I've seen elsewhere on here. I finally gave up and decided to try again later. There still not the best but at least you can see them! I need a better camera....

I do have some questions about these though:

#1 - why do the ribbons not have clasps, or such, like other awards for other countries? A lot I've seen look like these. How did they pin them on, or are mine missing a top pin?

#2 - the one with the dirtiest ribbon has what appears to be dirt in the crevices; should this be cleaned out or just left alone? I'd hate to think I was doing away with part of the Western Front!!!

#3 - this one goes along with #2... Should you ever clean the metal part or just leave it alone?

One last thing... I did try to get a picture of the maker's stamp, but no matter what I tried all of them came out fuzzy. Both are hard to read; one looks like the typical mark, but the other one looks funny. Even under a magnifying glass I had a hard time with them. One looks like it could be "DCO" or "BCO" or some such. The other - it looks like a bunch of hash marks in one spot, but in another spot looks like something that has been worn away.

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
    #1. The cross was not worn at all times. The ribbon was sewn through a button hole and worn this way.
    #2. I would brush off what I could dry, leave the rest.
    #3. Do not clean the medal.
    Lastly, some members are able to identify the maker without seeing the maker's marks. Someone here may be able to help you.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A new cross arrived today into my collection. It is marked MFH. I hope you like it.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A new cross arrived today into my collection. It is marked MFH. I hope you like it.
    Ralph.
    Ralph - beautiful eK!!! How did you get that wonderful picture of the maker's mark?!?!

Quote by Correus View Post
    Ralph - beautiful eK!!! How did you get that wonderful picture of the maker's mark?!?!
    Thank you.
    It is a matter of a good camera, Macro function, the right lighting, the right angle, and photo shop.
    Ralph.

Hi Correus.
    Thanks for posting these on my thread
    They are very nice crosses. From the pictures, I can not pick a specific maker
    for each cross but I have a feeling that the your "BCO" mark is actually a "800"
    silver content mark.

If you have access to a scanner, that might work a lot better for you
    for doing extreme close up shots. Almost all of the crosses I post are
    scanned and not photographed.

Here is a 800 marked cross that I just scanned---

- - Updated - -

Bco ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks 
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Ralph,
    Nicely done
    Great cross. I still don't have a MFH marked cross in
    my collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you.
    It is a matter of a good camera, Macro function, the right lighting, the right angle, and photo shop.
    Ralph.
    Ralph - what kind of camera are you using?

Page 94 of 215 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 194 ... LastLast