Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Chopperman, quite right, i have two TR cross's a I & II, both brought back from Italy, & given to me by my father-in-law (now sadly deceased), & know the stories of how they were aquired !... thats the only reason i keep them. Stephen Previtera in the book 'The Iron Time' states ' Place any ten iron crosses (Imperial)on a table and you would be lucky to find two that match ' & goes on to express, ' the vaulted cross is more appealing to the eye ', and i too, agree.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn R View Post
    I started out years ago with TR EK's and thought I'd get a couple of those old WW1 crosses just for the sake of completion! The first time I handled a vaulted silver imperial EK1 I was sold. Now they are the only crosses that I have collected religiously for years. I will still buy a TR cross if it's exceptionally good. I'm particularly fond of Klein & Quenzers but the variety and beauty of the imperial crosses is my main interest.
    Hi Glenn, I know what you mean about WW1 & WW2 EK's. Oddly I collect TR items made by Klein & Quenzer only!! My EK2 by them is a favourite with me.

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Chaps, here's my latest EK2. One a day at the moment It's got a lovely untouched feel with a black patinated frame & a nicely rattling core. The ring is maker marked 'Wilm' for H.R. Wilm of Berlin.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

DUJAILAH, Klein & Quenzer, of Idar Oberstein, holders of a Prasidialkanzlei Lieferant Number, 65, authorising official decorations/awards for government consumption & distribution, and were partially licensed under the LDO (Leistungsgemeinschaft Deutscher Ordensherstaller) number L/26, meaning that they could make and sell a range of awards for private purchase. LDO regulations became effective in March 1941, apologies if you already knew. p.s. nice 'Wilm'.

Hi Oradour, thanks for the useful info. I've got a few awards to them (but it's early days), I've even got a belt buckle!! (see below)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...r-buckle-6807/

Cheers,

Richard.

That's interesting Richard. I can understand your interest in K&Q stuff. I never knew they produced belt buckles. It's the overall quality and style that appeals to me. The frosted black finish on a minty K&Q EK is superb. I'd personally rate them above the other desirable makers, Junkers, S&L etc.

Hi Glenn, I know what you mean. There's a touch of quality with the K&Q items, Cheers, Richard.

Richard,
    That's a real nice looking 2nd class cross.

Well done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Greg.

my wife gave me an ultimatum, your collection goes or I go.
    the collection stayed, so did she !
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks 

Page 12 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast