Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 215 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

That's a VERY NICE cross and one I still don't have in my
    collection. Well done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Thanks Greg, I'm very pleased with it. The core of this one is identical to the convex I've posted previously. Could they be the same maker? Cheers Richard.

Classic W&S pin set up. I always think these look very stylish and well made. The little waist at the top and the way the hinge is cut into it underneath. Nothing over complicated but suited to a jeweller made piece.

Quote by oradour View Post
    My latest addition, maker marked ' CD 800 ', Carl Dillenius of Pforzheim, 800 silver content. As Glenn R says just as nice as the 'Godet', same crisp detail.
    Hi Chaps, just got myself an EK2 marked 'CD 800'. As Glen & Oradour have said they are lovely quality. Even the ring is better than other EK2's!!! I'm very pleased to get it It was £29 from good old ebay. They didn't mention the maker in the listing; but I recognised it from other posts on the forum. That's one of the bests things about being a member of this forum, the great info

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

£29 is an absolute bargain for such a quality cross, well done mate. Good silver EK2's are so underrated as a collectable. Sold through a dealer who knows his stuff , the fact it's a good maker and a silver piece would push the price up no end. That's the beauty of getting to know your subject, you know a bargain when you see one.
    Glenn.

Thanks Glenn. I could see the 2 marks in the listing; but not in detail. I had a hunch it was a 'CD 800' & comparing it to the examples on the forum I took the chance & got a little lucky. But without the forum I may not have had a go.

Cheers,

Richard.

iron cross
    ?

Hi guys thought I would add one of your more basic ek's to the forum. Purchased this the other day for a good price. Marked KO for Königliches Münzamt Orden Berlin. Not a rare maker but still like the look of this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks  Imperial Eks  Imperial Eks 

Quote by iron cross View Post
    Hi guys thought I would add one of your more basic ek's to the forum. Purchased this the other day for a good price. Marked KO for Königliches Münzamt Orden Berlin. Not a rare maker but still like the look of this one.
    Hi Iron Cross, I couldn't agree more. The K.O.'s EK2's are a lovely medal. In fact it was the first EK2 I bought (have a look at number 14 in this thread). Nice one.

Cheers,

Richard.

iron cross
    ?

Thanks Richard you have a very fine example of a KO ek as well.

My 'WILM' has arrived with its certificate, the cross itself is nice as shown earlier in the post, i shall give details of the 'Vorlaufiges Befitszeugnis' a temporary certificate issued by the regiment, to 'Unteroffizier Paul Georgi OTTO, 2 (k.s.) Feldart-Regt Nr 28 III (F) Abteilung 8 Batterie' ( Kgl. Sächs. 2. Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.28
    (Bautzen) XII Armee Korps.) won on the 17th August 1917, and awarded in the field 15th April 1918. signed by one of the regiments officers, a Hauptmann. The certificate is 21cm x 17cm, and is ink-stamped by the III Abteilung of the regiment. Although bought from the same source in Germany, i have no idea if the EK II and certificate were originally together,.... but i'd like to think so !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

Page 15 of 215 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast