Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Flieger Badge

Article about: I picked up this badge a number of years ago. Can someone identify this piece for me? I would also appreciate some idea of value if possible. I hate to ask price but this piece is way out of

Default Imperial Flieger Badge

I picked up this badge a number of years ago. Can someone identify this piece for me? I would also appreciate some idea of value if possible. I hate to ask price but this piece is way out of my collecting area. Thanks for your reply.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Flieger Badge   Imperial Flieger Badge  

Imperial Flieger Badge  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Flieger Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial Flieger Badge

Bob, a very nice Imperial German Army air service retired pilots badge, they sell here in the U.K. (dealer) for approx £500. What are the markings on the back, i suspect silver content and maker mark ?

Thanks you for the prompt reply. The markings are the silver content and a maker's mark.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

For those who do not know, this badge is a product of the firm of Paul Meybauer. A very fine maker of aviation badges and other items as well. The distinctive bow and tapered pin is typical for that firm.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

There has been quite a few discussions on other forums regarding this type of Maybauer commemorative badge. IMO I am not sure it is correct. The details do not match ' tried and tested ' Maybauer pieces. The detail is slightly on these , slightly less sharp/good. It could be that it is a post war (1920/1930) example from a second or remade die. Maybauer seemed to use quite a few maker marks over the years which is not suprising as they were in bussiness a long time but the MM on this badge I am not convinced about. I could be wrong and this is just my opinion but I would be happier with a war time or first issue type. Ferg1.

a6jock
    ?

The design is correct for Meybauer. It is post WWI but looks fine to me ...... I have spent some time on the subject

Panda

a6jock
    ?

A reference

Medalnet.net

Good Hunting

?

it sure looks great!!!

Same opinion like Fergus not a badge from the award period. This kind of badge often seen on market for low prices. I would not buy one. The period Maybauer badges had better details and the back plate is different.
    I don't know if this badge are hollow. The Maybauer badges i know are hollow. There are massive made pieces in Maybauer style but not from the award period IMO.

Regards Alex