Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

imperial german infantry tunic

Article about: hello, im thinking of getting this piece, it is cheap but what do yall think about it? thanks john

Thumbs up imperial german infantry tunic

hello, im thinking of getting this piece, it is cheap but what do yall think about it?
    thanks
    john
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture imperial german infantry tunic   imperial german infantry tunic  

imperial german infantry tunic   imperial german infantry tunic  

imperial german infantry tunic   imperial german infantry tunic  

imperial german infantry tunic  

Default Re: imperial german infantry tunic

also ask if anybody knows what this tunic is, if really infantry or not, and could anybody possibly tell what regiment, division it might have been part of
    thanks
    john

?

While I was researching some pre WW-1 Prussian shoulder boards I came across this site and have found it very informative and interesting hopefully it will be of some help in your research. ( World War I - Trenches on the Web )

Regards Mark K

?

It is a good tunic. I think it is missing the plain rectangle collar tabs with a single button on the end of it. ( I might be wrong ) After looking again I think I am wrong.
    There is a name for this style tunic but I will be damned if I can remember it at the moment.
    Rommel wore a simmilar one in a WWI portrate photo with collar tabs.
    Last edited by SteveR; 04-12-2012 at 05:06 AM.

The name for this type of jacket is an Überrock or, in English, what the British Army would call a Frock Coat. It was the standard everyday wear uniform for officers. It was usually worn without any insignia except for the shoulder straps.

I don't know which unit it belongs to though

Rob

?

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    The name for this type of jacket is an Überrock or, in English, what the British Army would call a Frock Coat. It was the standard everyday wear uniform for officers. It was usually worn without any insignia except for the shoulder straps.

I don't know which unit it belongs to though

Rob
    Bingo !!!!
    Damn I am glad you remembered the name for this tunic.

It is indeed an Officers Uberrock, I know this piece...it is perfectly original, but the cuffs have been replaced, badly in my view, originally they would of been piped in red, that is why this piece is cheap ! The shoulder straps (Banjo style) will cost you more than the rock......
    Prost ! Steve.