Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German panzer crew badge

Article about: Hello Gents I've just seen this badge for sale!! Now I don't know nothing about these,but I should think they are quite rare!!! I was wondering if any of you gents out there could tell if th

?

Default Imperial German panzer crew badge

Hello Gents I've just seen this badge for sale!! Now I don't know nothing about these,but I should think they are quite rare!!! I was wondering if any of you gents out there could tell if this is a fake "which I think it is!!" But I could be miles of the mark too...Thank you for your time as always Terry. Imperial German panzer crew badgeImperial German panzer crew badgeImperial German panzer crew badgeImperial German panzer crew badgeImperial German panzer crew badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German panzer crew badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial German panzer crew badge

I looked in my copy of Detlev Niemann, Orden und Ehrenzeichen Deutschland, 1871-1945, Hamburg: Niemann Verlag, 1999 and didn't find anything like it. But I must say the badge you have posted appears to be very good quality with sharp features and detail. I'm sure one of the experts on these things will give us a definitive answer shortly. Dwight

?

Thanks for your answer Dwight, I will wait & see if somebody else pops up with an answer... Cheers Terry.

This is an extremely complex subject and is probably best explained by the guys that know on this thread at the Gentlemens Military Interest Club.

A New Topic! The Imperial Tank Badge! - Germany: Imperial: The Orders, Decorations and Medals of The Imperial German States - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

You will probably have to join to see the pic's though. Suffice to say that this was not an official award, and was a private purchase piece after the war, some say there were only around 100 made but others say more. But there are reckoned to be many various different types out there and they number in the tens of thousands.

When you consider that the Imperial German Panzer Service consisted of less than 1100 men, and then add on the attrition rate of casualties during the war (Approximately 30%) and those who didn't bother to purchase one after the conflict (they were not produced before the 1920's) the actual chance of finding an original one with provenance is going to be far less than finding say, a DKiG mitt Schwerten.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Cheers Ned I did think they was something not quite right lol....Thanks for all the infomation very interesting...& thanks for your time too Terry.

it looks similar to the one sepp dietrich wore.

?

Interesting badge. Some good looking ones came out of WWI, though I dont know whether or not this one is genuine.

The WWI 'Storm Trooper' badges recently shown are also very interesting.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    it looks similar to the one sepp dietrich wore.
    There is a photo of Dietrich wearing this badge in the link I supplied.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.