Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?

Article about: Gentlemen, would the below qualify as a sound Officer version Imperial fighting knife? Chromed birdhead pommel and guard with false bayonet lock button. Steel scabbard has traces of the blac

RON
    ?

Default Re: Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?

Hey Reibert,
    This one is too expensive for me to even think about it but is it authentic you think?
    WW1 GERMAN TRENCH FIGHTING KNIFE | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?   Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?  

Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?   Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German WW1 Fighting Knife - Officer Model?
    P
    Many

Quote by RON View Post
    Hey Reibert,
    This one is too expensive for me to even think about it but is it authentic you think?
    WW1 GERMAN TRENCH FIGHTING KNIFE | eBay
    These images aren´t good enough to say "thumb up", or, "thumb down" ...

I saw a lot of German WWI trench knives, all of them were showin´ the abolutely same lookin´ hanger in the absolutely same condition, (inclusive color !), with a absolutely plain cut Feststellriemen as in this auction ! ...

BTW, I do not believe in the "legendary Dagger-found" in Mexico, or elsewhere ...

There´re absolutely clear images of the acceptance stamp needed also ! ...

Please, don´t send me links of auctions and ask, if the particular weapon is good, or bad !
    Today, it´s really f.....n´ hard to recognise fakes, even you have the particular knive in your own hands !
    To say more, (or, all), due to images in an auction IMHO isn´t possible, sorry, mate !

Best,

R.

P.S:

for comparison:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...h-knife-59257/

Murf
    ?

Would this knife be for sale?

Peter A Serefine Jr
    ?

Default More info?

Quote by RON View Post
    Gentlemen, would the below qualify as a sound Officer version Imperial fighting knife?
    Chromed birdhead pommel and guard with false bayonet lock button.
    Steel scabbard has traces of the black paint remaining.
    Blade is 6", unmarked, made of polished steel, has not been sharpened and still has a sharp point (hmmmm)...

I have what appears to be an identical knife. My grandfather brought it back from Europe during WWII. It has now been in my family for three generations.

Have you been able to find out anything more about it, other than it was not a military issued knife?

Quote by Peter A Serefine Jr View Post
    I have what appears to be an identical knife. My grandfather brought it back from Europe during WWII. It has now been in my family for three generations.

Have you been able to find out anything more about it, other than it was not a military issued knife?
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Many of these are unmarked and, as Reibert has mentioned, were available for purchase by officers or enlisted men. They were meant for military use.
    If you would like, you could start a new thread and post photos of your example.
    In the first 4 posts of this thread, it explains how to post photos.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3