Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial germany reference material

Article about: Does anybody know where to find information on fake/repro and original imperial german medals? Thanks in advance john

Thumbs up Imperial germany reference material

Does anybody know where to find information on fake/repro and original imperial german medals?
    Thanks in advance
    john

Default Re: Imperial germany reference material

WWIIBUFF,.....thats a toughy !, there are no books that I know of, just on fakes/copies of Imperial awards/medals, or come to think of it identifying/naming 'genuine' awards, (other than period manuals) the only medal covered in books are the Iron cross and 'Pour-le-merite', it is something picked up over the years, knowledge is the key here, you can gain that by either discussing and handling objects face to face (with collector friends) or on the various forums (there are others) such as this one, just simply ask..and absorb the answers, or write them down in a notebook as I sometimes do (aide memoir), and of course the internet, take your time when searching, check reputable dealer sites and compare, take notes as I have already suggested. It takes time to accumulate knowledge, it doesnt come overnight, but its fun learning ! Heres a good site on the net for help in identifying medals, http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...man_medals.htm
    ....and try here for known 'fakes' and tips on detecting a fake, http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=38109