Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

imperial letter opener

Article about: hi friends today i got this letter opener from a friend. I therefore have a question for you about the regiment, which is written on the knife as: Ers. Abt. E. JK. 13, was there such a regim

?

Default imperial letter opener

hi friends today i got this letter opener from a friend. I therefore have a question for you about the regiment, which is written on the knife as: Ers. Abt. E. JK. 13, was there such a regiment? thanks in advance for the commentsimperial letter openerimperial letter openerimperial letter openerimperial letter opener

Kekel; The abbreviation on the blade is Ers. Abt. E.I.K. 13. I used the U.S Army’s Military Intelligence Service Special Series Nr. 12, German Military Abbreviations, 1943. The manual contains German military abbreviations for WWI and WWII. This is what I came up with.
    Ers. is Ersatz, meaning replacement, implying a training unit; Abt. stands for Abteilung, meaning a group or unit within a larger unit; E. stands for Ergänzung which in this case would probably mean personnel replacement; I. is Infanterie and K. is Kompanie. It seems that this was a Christmas gift to someone, probably the unit commander, of the Replacements Training Unit for Infantry Company 13. Dwight

?

thanks for your answer