Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

Article about: Picked this up today. I'm starting to like WW1 more and more. An EKII and 3rd Class Bavarian Military Merit Cross (with wartime ribbon?). Thought it was pretty interesting. It's not unique o

?

Side by side

Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)
    P
    Many

?

Deschler & sohn 2 kl too...

Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)

?

Glad i can help. These are nice medals to collect, some day i have take some time to study these more too.

MAP
    ?

Was typing my reply when you were posting the 2nd set of pictures. Will look at them tonight. On a conf call now

Again, thanks for the help
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

My third class is looking a lot like the silver second class (primarily the lion/crown and date).

Odd...

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by timpe View Post
    Nope. i haven`t seen any marks on these crosses ever. But There are maker marks on case of Issue, and comparing several marked boxes you can tell is it really that cross/ that maker. i will post pics of mine Deschler & son and that another cross with case ( dont remember maker) later today, ( when i get my sons to bed, yeah... it may take some time) so you can see difference
    Deschler MVKs are sometimes marked "D" on the reverse of the sword´s blade.

Miro

MAP
    ?

Will look Miro but from what I can see so far it doesn't look like it.

Thanks!

Michael

MAP
    ?

OK guys....my new toy arrived today (USB digital Microscope). Still trying to get it set up just right so pictures are not perfect...but I see too many differences between the two 3rd class examples that have been posted vs. mine. Plus no maker marks on the back of the swords.

But as noted it does look the same as the 2nd class Deschler. So until I find a match, I'm going with it being a Deschler.

Thanks for all the help.

Michael
    Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)Imperial Parade Mount - EKII and Military Merit Cross (Bavaria)
    Last edited by MAP; 01-13-2015 at 04:34 AM.

?

Come on now !!!!Is it really that small that you need to order a microscope to see it?????

Even though my expertise is limited I have to say that is a Great set you got yourself Michael

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Come on now !!!!Is it really that small that you need to order a microscope to see it?????

Even though my expertise is limited I have to say that is a Great set you got yourself Michael

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hey, Big Ned swears by these! And if he say so, I gotta believe. I think you are a bit jealous of this new toy ($30 off Amazon).

This was a last minute buy. Was walking out of the show close to closing, had some extra cash in the pocket and stopped by may favorite dealers table one last time (so his wife could move his car and take my primo parking spot). I saw it earlier in the show and while I was waiting he offered to cut the price. So I couldn't say no.

Thanks for the thumbs up!

Bedtime for me now. Catching the 6:00 flight to work tomorrow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast