Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial pickelhaube helmet

Article about: Hello all, Looking at buying this imperial german artillery helmet. It is listed as authentic. ]I wanted to find out your opinions [ATTACH=CONFIG]444564[/ATTACH. Thanks

Default Imperial pickelhaube helmet

Hello all,

Looking at buying this imperial german artillery helmet. It is listed as authentic. ]I wanted to find out your opinions

Imperial pickelhaube helmetImperial pickelhaube helmetImperial pickelhaube helmetImperial pickelhaube helmet[ATTACH=CONFIG]444564[/ATTACH.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial pickelhaube helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial pickelhaube helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial pickelhaube helmet

helmet looks good but not sure on the eagle,seems to lack detail to me.[no expert]

?

It is a good helmet.

Wildcatz22...Original helmet, heavily messed with in my opinion.....not Artillery, they are known as a "Kugelhelm" and have a ball instead of a spike....this to me looks like it was originally an Dragoon Officers Pickelhaube with cruciform spike base and squared front visor.....it has the wrong Wappen (front plate) a Dragoon front plate is very different, the one attached is a Prussian line infantry Wappen, and that looks like an M15 grey version at that....the perlring (ventilation collar) around the base of the spike is an Officers as are the "commission rings (x 2) on the actual spike, it looks to me that someone has restored this helmet using some other rank furniture (a cheaper way than sourcing Officer furniture) into a private purchase one year volunteer style helm which would of had an Officers style interior, on this one the removable inner skull cap (silk or cotton) is missing, thus the fastners can be seen !.....using round split brads instead of stars on the spike base, other ranks cockades and Wappen....the chin scales are also wrong for this style of helmet, they would of been curved for Dragoons, the ones fitted are flat for Infantry....all in all, a bit of a Frankenstein helm, however if cheap, it could be restored back to its former glory with time, effort and money.
    Prost ! Steve.

Hello all, have been away for a while.

Oradour,

It was $450. After reading your comments, I let the deal fell through.

After some time I found another helmet, in really bad condition, rusted and dried up, but for $30. I thought I'll keep this and work on preserving this for now. I'm trying to save up a little more so I can get a good helment that is not a "frankenstein" later on

Thank you very much again for your help.

Imperial pickelhaube helmetImperial pickelhaube helmetImperial pickelhaube helmetImperial pickelhaube helmet

I think 30$ was a great price.
    A really good deal.
    Even in that condition, its very collectable.

Cheers
    Nuno

I agree.
    If nothing else, there is $30 worth of parts there.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.