Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Introduction + Imperial Collection

Article about: Hello! This is my first post. I have done a lot of reading on this forum and am looking forward to continuing to read and contribute where I can. I started collecting militaria while in coll

Default Introduction + Imperial Collection

Hello!

This is my first post. I have done a lot of reading on this forum and am looking forward to continuing to read and contribute where I can. I started collecting militaria while in college and collect mostly US items right now. I have a few Imperial ones that I would like to share in this section! This is also my first try at uploading photos!

First up are my headgear: a m1915 tschapka (chinstrap is a repro) and a camo m16 shell. I believe the paint has been touched up postwar, but very long ago. I am looking for an original cockade to add to the tschapka someday!

Here is a display of Imperial bayonets I put together in college. I designed and built the case and it still hangs out at my parents' house in the Northwest. The middle one is a sawback. I added a Hindenburg Cross without swords, an EKII with repro ribbon, and a pair of field glasses.

Finally, my newest items that have rekindled my interest in non-US militaria. I found the telegraph buckle a couple weeks ago and last week brought home the EKII medal bar with Tirol Medal and Black Wound Badge. Around the same time I purchased the noncombatant EKII (marked "V" on ring) with the Red Cross, War Merit Cross, and next-of-kin Hindenburg Cross.

While my Imperial collection is small, I enjoy finding representative examples from the era and find it very rewarding. I enjoy all feedback, both positive and negative, and look forward to learning and growing on the forum!

Cheers,
    Johannes

Default Re: Introduction + Imperial Collection

Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

Nice collection. The bayonets look great in the display case.
    Did you also make the helmet stands.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you Walkwolf! I did indeed make the stands.
    -Johannes

Hello Johannes and welcome to the forum!
    You have the start of a very nice and diverse militaria collection!
    I like your telegraph buckle and the non-combattant EK II.
    Well done,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph!

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see someone else here
    from Wisconsin.

You have some very nice pieces in your collection. I really
    like the camo helmet and I never tire of seeing Eks.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Johannes

Welcome aboard! Nice bayonet collection and display box.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

First of all, welcome to this forum Johannes!
    I like your collection so far, but doesn't your M15 Tschapka need a gray helmet plate?...

Adler
    Last edited by oradour; 03-22-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: wappen colour

Indeed Johannes, welcome to the Imperial German sub forum...great selection of items, thanks for showing ! Adler is correct regarding the front plate/wappen...the Tschapka would need all grey metal fittings to be a text book model M1915, however, it would appear that during the cross over period between grey and brass fittings on these helmets, makers often used up remaining brass parts during construction of these helmets...I seen quite a few original "mix n match" M15 Pickelhaubes sporting brass and grey fittings !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Indeed Johannes, welcome to the Imperial German sub forum...great selection of items, thanks for showing ! Adler is correct regarding the front plate/wappen...the Tschapka would need all grey metal fittings to be a text book model M1915, however, it would appear that during the cross over period between grey and brass fittings on these helmets, makers often used up remaining brass parts during construction of these helmets...I seen quite a few original "mix n match" M15 Pickelhaubes sporting brass and grey fittings !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! In regards to the tschapka, I do believe the parts are original to it, at least this is how it came stateside in 1918. The wappen should be gray but is the brass version. It is still retained by the leather wedges and came this way from the family that has owned it since WWI (I consider myself very lucky to have gotten it from them!). I am no expert in this area though...and the exact reason I am here!

The tschapka is made by A. Wunderlich N., Berlin, 1915. Here are a couple photos I could dig up before headed to work this morning. I mark them when I write about them on a blog

Thank you all for the comments and feedback!
    -Johannes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast