Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Iron Cross???

Article about: Hello, This item is coming up for auction and I have never seen one with a photo in the center. Does anyone have any information if this would be a genuine piece as I cannot find another exa

Default Iron Cross???

Hello, This item is coming up for auction and I have never seen one with a photo in the center. Does anyone have any information if this would be a genuine piece as I cannot find another example like it. Sorry I only have the one picture but any information about the value and authenticity would be greatly valued. Thanks for your time!Iron Cross???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron Cross???

i would say that its some sort of tribute to a man who posibly won the iron cross 1st class the gentleman is defiantly an officer of high standing (looks prussian ) with the date at the bottom being either 1914 or 1917 (can't quite make it out) i would assume thats either when he died or when he was awarded the ek1 hopefully someone can pop up and interpret the words on the side

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    gentleman is defiantly an officer of high standing (looks prussian )
    You could say that Tom - it's the Kaiser...........!

I'll move it to the Imperial forum where the guys might be able to shed some light on it. It looks like some form of commemorative piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You could say that Tom - it's the Kaiser...........!
    thats the one lol i knew he seemed familiar

Not a commemorative piece I believe, but a reward...part of the "Gold for Iron" campaign, where the general public handed in Gold items to help the war effort, and received in return a reward, such as a small medallion or other patriotic offerings such as this one, from a grateful Kaiser ! it would worn on civilian clothing only....a nice item, in what appears to be in nice condition, despite this, I do not think worth a great deal...say about $30. Here is my example, one of the more common small table medals from the 1916 campaign.....not exactly a fair swop for your gold bracelet !....these sell for around $15.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross???   Iron Cross???  

Thanks to you all who have responded. I know it is a poor picture but I will be attending the auction this weekend and I can't wait to see if there is a pin on the back with any markings. There are several other tinnes and a 1914/1918 Iron Cross with Swords as well. Hopefully nobody else brings any money and I can get them cheap. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your time.

?

Quote by justbrowsin View Post
    and a 1914/1918 Iron Cross with Swords as well.
    I would urge caution before buying an Iron Cross with swords, the two didn't come together so either it's a fantasy medal or most likely not an Iron Cross but some other medal with swords.

Steve, thank you for enlightening us regarding the medallion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I would urge caution before buying an Iron Cross with swords, the two didn't come together so either it's a fantasy medal or most likely not an Iron Cross but some other medal with swords.
    Right. This sounds to me like it could be the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Right. This sounds to me like it could be the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer.
    My thought as well...
    Prost ! Steve.

Attachment 288497Attachment 288496Attachment 288494Hello, Lots of great reading about the items you are describing. Ade, I hope these pictures show what I am trying to say as I am not good at describing things and my time is too short to do major research. These items will also be at the auction. Hope they will go cheap. Christmas was very hard on the pocket book. Looks like I whiffed again on pictures but hopefully you can see what I am looking at and give your opinions on these items.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast