Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Iron Cross???

Article about: Hello, This item is coming up for auction and I have never seen one with a photo in the center. Does anyone have any information if this would be a genuine piece as I cannot find another exa

Default Re: Iron Cross???

Quote by justbrowsin View Post
    Attachment 288497Attachment 288496Attachment 288494Hello, Lots of great reading about the items you are describing. Ade, I hope these pictures show what I am tring to say as I am not good at describing things and my time is too short to do major research. These items will also be at the auction. Hope they will go cheap. Christmas was very hard on the pocket book.
    sorry no pictures are showing up at all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross???
    P
    Many

Hey Tom, Sorry I really stink at this, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but if I click on the attachment it comes up on my computer. If it does not show up on yours, let me know and I will try again. Thanks for looking.

have a look at this thread it should explain how to upload pics:
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !

OK I am trying this again. Hope it works! Thank you for your efforts to help a computer dummy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross???   Iron Cross???  

Iron Cross???  

the bottom one is indeed a 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer which is worth about £10 i don't think these are faked so you should be good there obviously its missing its ribbon. i don't know the top one at all, but the middle one is very heavily faked and something that experts would need really good close ups of to tell if its original personally i would say don't bother on that one

Yeah that's a pilot's badge. A real one cost more than 800 euros.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I found the identical pilots badge in an older warrelics forum from Steve M dated 01-30-2010 that covers fake pilots badges. The one that will be at auction here is the exact same pictured in that thread that is considered a fake. I have found a few original pictures of the original badge to compare and this one at auction is not very close. If a person did not do major research on this I can see how easy it is to be fooled. Once again, saved by warrelics.eu. Thanks to talltom and don_kihotis7 for your infrmation and input.

Quote by justbrowsin View Post
    I found the identical pilots badge in an older warrelics forum from Steve M dated 01-30-2010 that covers fake pilots badges. The one that will be at auction here is the exact same pictured in that thread that is considered a fake. I have found a few original pictures of the original badge to compare and this one at auction is not very close. If a person did not do major research on this I can see how easy it is to be fooled. Once again, saved by warrelics.eu. Thanks to talltom and don_kihotis7 for your infrmation and input.
    You are welcome mate.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

The top one is an unofficial decoration from a veteran's association, the Kriegerverein Untergimpern. (Untergimpern is a village in Baden-Württemberg.)

HPL2008, I spent a lot of time trying to translate the motto on that decoration, but I never would have guessed that the last 2 lines were actually one. So am I correct that in the English language it translates Warrior Association of Untergimpern? Would other villages have their own version of veteran associations as well? Many thanks for your help on this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast