Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

"The Iron Cross 1813, 1870, 1914"

Article about: No problem terry: I got on line and googled it and came up with one supplier. It is Timewalker toys and collectables. They had it for \\$209.99 plus a small shipping fee. They are in Kansas ci

Default Re: "The Iron Cross 1813, 1870, 1914"

No problem terry:
    I got on line and googled it and came up with one supplier. It is Timewalker toys and collectables. They had it for $209.99 plus a small shipping fee. They are in Kansas city MO. They offered it in english and german. This is the 2 volume set. They put me on back order and stated they would not charge my card till it was shipped. Wanted to get it before it went out of print. You know some of these books are short lived as far as printing goes. Then the price really goes up. they stated they would ship internationally also. Maybe some suppliers in Europe might have some???? Little cheaper for you???
    Learned a long time ago that you can not have enough books when collecting.
    Hope this helps.
    thanks,
    John

Quote by Tango View Post
    John where did you order your books from ?? if you don't mind saying!! Cheers Terry.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "The Iron Cross 1813, 1870, 1914"
    P
    Many

?

Cheers John yes never enough books old bean..lol..problem being they all cost a small fortune..I will google timewalker now see what they have!!! Thank you very much for the reply & your time.. you are a gent.. Cheers Terry.

?

John I had a look at that site...It's another 90 bucks to ship to the UK.. So what I have done is put that on hold... I might look at another book that here on this thread "Iron Time" I think it is called..!!! thats through Amazon...mind that is still 101 pounds....lol. You can't win?? Thanks for the info ... Cheers Terry.

No problem Terry:
    I too looked at that book on Amazon. I want one of those too, but,,
    WOW what a price. I think it is because it is out of print?? You know how that works...
    Price increases every year. I should be in the out of print book business. Where did Red cap get his set???
    I wonder??
    Cheers,
    John

Quote by Tango View Post
    John I had a look at that site...It's another 90 bucks to ship to the UK.. So what I have done is put that on hold... I might look at another book that here on this thread "Iron Time" I think it is called..!!! thats through Amazon...mind that is still 101 pounds....lol. You can't win?? Thanks for the info ... Cheers Terry.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

guys, if you find it useful I ordered my set from Militaria Verlag and they ship worldwide. Cheers
    Its Unbenanntes Dokument

Quote by Tango View Post
    Terry..the "Iron Time" covers all periods of the Iron Cross, including the 1957 ones !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Terry..the "Iron Time" covers all periods of the Iron Cross, including the 1957 ones !
    Prost ! Steve.
    But look for the second edition, there are errors in the first which have been removed in the second.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    But look for the second edition, there are errors in the first which have been removed in the second.
    Agreed-
    Plus the 2nd addition has some nice additions that were not in the 1st.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Right thank you gentlemen for the info.. 2nd edition it is!!!..I will try to hunt that down..by the way I got my Deutsche Kreuz in Gold & DKiS from B & D publishers last night not had a proper look being I was on Skype but it looks jolly good what I have seen of it..So I look forward to reading that when I'm home.. Cheers Terry.

Otter76 just looking at that website & it gives you a good look around inside the book... Looks amazing I must say..I will keep you posted thanks again for your time.. Cheers Terrry.

?

Quote by OTTER76 View Post
    guys, if you find it useful I ordered my set from Militaria Verlag and they ship worldwide. Cheers
    Its Unbenanntes Dokument
    Yes, for anyone in the UK or Europe, ordering direct from the publisher in Vienna is the way to go. They are very efficient. I have bought several books from them and they always arrive quickly and very well packed.

Supplies have only just arrived from the printer so that probably explains why any distributors in the US haven't received their copies yet.

They do several books on Imperial German, uniforms, weapons etc and they are all large format, heavy,superb quality works absolutely packed with superior quality photos. They are also doing more and more of their titles with an English language edition.
    They don't do anything connected with Third Reich period, only Imperial.

Getting back to this Iron Cross title, it is not, like so many books these days, simply a pretty picture catalogue of every obscure variant you could imagine as seems to be the fashion these days. It is a true history of the Iron Cross.

No it isn't cheap, but when you consider the price of some single volumes from some of the US publishers these days, for a two volume set in slip covers, they are extremely good value.

I can honestly say that, after more than 45 years of collecting, if I was told I could only own one book on any aspect of the Iron Cross, this would be it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast