Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Cross big and one sided

Article about: Hi was offered ths one today, any idea as to its originality/function? Its 10,7x10,7cm an approx 1,5 cm:s thick. Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Iron Cross big and one sided

Hi was offered ths one today, any idea as to its originality/function?
    Its 10,7x10,7cm an approx 1,5 cm:s thick.

Rgds Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross big and one sided   Iron Cross big and one sided  

Iron Cross big and one sided   Iron Cross big and one sided  

Default Re: Iron Cross big and one sided

Jan,
    it will be an original piece, it is a 'Patriotic ' item, a paperweight, or similiar, hundreds of items featuring the Iron Cross were manufactured during WW1 for consumption on the home front, & the front line canteens, anything from 'sweetheart' items to marmalade pots !...the markings on the back are 'Ges Gesch' means trade mark, & the initials 'K & Th.' the maker. It is interesting, but not valuable.

I agree with my friend on this. It is a very nice piece, but not hard to find. I have seen many of these over the years. If you can pick it up for a very reasonable price, it will be a nice addition for you.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Jan
    ?

Thanks guys ... I´ll give it a thought.

Best regards

Jan