Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Cross. Genuine or fake?

Article about: Hi This has come up for auction and I'd like to buy it as a gift but I have no clue on these . I've emailed asking for pics and this is all they sent. Thank you in advance

Default Iron Cross. Genuine or fake?

Hi

This has come up for auction and I'd like to buy it as a gift but I have no clue on these .
    I've emailed asking for pics and this is all they sent.

Thank you in advance

Iron Cross. Genuine or fake?Iron Cross. Genuine or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross. Genuine or fake?
    P
    Many

Sorry to say, it's a really bad fake. This one has been all over ebay for the last
    5 years or so. It is commonly known as the "Deschler fake" as the great majority
    of these are found with a Deschler and sons makers mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross. Genuine or fake?  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Sorry to say, it's a really bad fake. This one has been all over ebay for the last
    5 years or so. It is commonly known as the "Deschler fake" as the great majority
    of these are found with a Deschler and sons makers mark.
    I agree and this would no doubt represent an expensive mistake hard to put down to experience.
    In any case, if that is the sellers best response to your request for better images that in itself would send me scurrying back into cyberspace, unless I was confident I could see what I needed in such a pic!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-19-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I agree and this would no doubt represent an expensive mistake hard to put down to experience.
    In any case, if that is the sellers best response to your request for better images that in itself would send me scurrying back into cyberspace, unless I was confident I could see what I needed in such a pic!

Regards

Mark
    Thanks both.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it