MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iron Half-Moon

Article about: In itself not all that rare but here is the Turkish Half-moon with a screwback device which is very uncommon. This is a silver award and was awarded to officer personnel both turkish and ger

?

Default Iron Half-Moon

In itself not all that rare but here is the Turkish Half-moon with a screwback device which is very uncommon. This is a silver award and was awarded to officer personnel both turkish and german. The award was worn on the German uniform on the lower right breast area.
    The only markings are on the screw plate.

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Half-Moon   Iron Half-Moon  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Default Re: Iron Half-Moon

You have a nice German made Gallipoli Star or the "Eiserner Halbmond" medal, most of the ones which I have seen are pin back, the D.R.G.M. marking really set it a part from the other one which I have seen.

?

George - thanks, the German maker DRGM# is Maybauer -

Horst

OKW
    ?

Is the whole award made by DRGM or could the screw device itself only be made by them and the award adapted to enable it to be worn in this way rather than a pin?

?

As there are no other maker marks on the award and only on the screw back device I would surmise that Meybauer made it from scratch.

Horst

?

those Turks are pretty good, first one I ever saw

A very nice German made example of a 'eiserner halbmond' , German made stars are allways better made than their Turkish counterparts, which sometimes utilised 'red paint' than the enamel inlay so favoured by the German manufacturers.

Default Re: Iron Half-Moon/Gallipoli Star/Eiserner Halbmond

Hi, I noticed this thread so I thought I'd add my three. First up a standard B.B.&Co. Not sure the name of the maker & there are different opinions as to where they were produced. I reckon Germany being a Turkish ally; but who knows. Hopefully someone does.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Half-Moon   Iron Half-Moon  

Iron Half-Moon  

Next up a non maker marked one. Probably German made again. I like the wear on this one, shows some good honest use.

Lastly a cruder painted example. Regarded by most as a locally made Turkish type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast