Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern

Article about: I've been on a WWI-Era Award-buying spree lately...perhaps it's the upcoming 100 year anniversary that has rekindled my interest in these underappreciated awards, and I've been finding some

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I've been on a WWI-Era Award-buying spree lately...perhaps it's the upcoming 100 year anniversary that has rekindled my interest in these underappreciated awards, and I've been finding some decent deals out there...Such as this War Honor Cross with Swords, which is not encountered often and listed at 100 Euros in my Niemann Guide...I picked this one up today for $50.00 (German Seller), and look forward to adding it to my WWI German Awards-display...

cheers, Glenn
    I'm having trouble finding information on this style award. When I search Kriegsehrenkreuz the "Hindenburg" awards pop up but not much else. Is there any other name they go by? What were they awarded for? What about the version without swords?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

The Ehrenbund Deutscher Weltkriegsteilnehmer e.V is the issuing authority for this Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern, James...
    The version without swords is actually harder to find...The veteran would present his service record to the Ehrenbund and if his combat awards merited it, he would be given a document allowing him to privately purchase this cross...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by JamesWatson View Post
    I'm having trouble finding information on this style award. When I search Kriegsehrenkreuz the "Hindenburg" awards pop up but not much else. Is there any other name they go by? What were they awarded for? What about the version without swords?
    Have a look here (German language, though):

Kriegsehrenkreuz (Ehrenbund deutscher Weltkriegsteilnehmer)

Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern – Ehrenbund Deutscher Weltkriegsteilnehmer e.V.
    Kriegsehrenkreuz ohne Schwertern – Ehrenbund Deutscher Weltkriegsteilnehmer e.V.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The Ehrenbund Deutscher Weltkriegsteilnehmer e.V is the issuing authority for this Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern, James...
    The version without swords is actually harder to find...The veteran would present his service record to the Ehrenbund and if his combat awards merited it, he would be given a document allowing him to privately purchase this cross...
    cheers, Glenn
    Interesting. I thought it might have been the same as this one, but they appear to be different. What's this one, if you don't mind?

EDIT: found it. "War Aid Cross"

That's the Prussian Kriegshilfsdienst Kreuz...awarded for service towards the war effort...it is an official award, unlike the cross that started the thread...I have one of these too, btw...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern   Kriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern  

Glenn, a nice pick up, an uncommon award from the Weimar Republic era, not an official award but available from Veteran organisations, available from 25th February 1925...............you are correct about its ribbon as Greg pointed out.......
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2