Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kugelhelm

Article about: Just for fun. A model 1895 kugelhelm for the Field Artillery Regiment 40. SteveR

?

Default Kugelhelm

Just for fun.
    A model 1895 kugelhelm for the Field Artillery Regiment 40.
    SteveR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kugelhelm   Kugelhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kugelhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kugelhelm

very nice,,,i always liked those ball tops

Very nice helmet,great condition.
    I also do like the artillery model better .

Steve, can you post more photos ? side rear, full interior....no problems, just like to see more of this nice helm ! It is in fact a Model 1894 Kugelhelm, this year was the final development of the helm, it got its final shape (lower than previous models) and adopted the M91 chinstrap mounts, but kept the curved chinscales (it would be 1914 when they went to leather chinstraps) they never officially adopted the rear vent as on M95 Pickelhaubes. Are you sure its for FAR 40 ?...as the top of the stamp on the "4" & "0" seem to have not been stamped fully, look at the top of the "4" and the "0" they seem to me to be missing, the "0" seems to have the start of a tail on top left ? could it actually be "46" not "40"...... "FAR 46".
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Steve, can you post more photos ? side rear, full interior....no problems, just like to see more of this nice helm ! It is in fact a Model 1894 Kugelhelm, this year was the final development of the helm, it got its final shape (lower than previous models) and adopted the M91 chinstrap mounts, but kept the curved chinscales (it would be 1914 when they went to leather chinstraps) they never officially adopted the rear vent as on M95 Pickelhaubes. Are you sure its for FAR 40 ?...as the top of the stamp on the "4" & "0" seem to have not been stamped fully, look at the top of the "4" and the "0" they seem to me to be missing, the "0" seems to have the start of a tail on top left ? could it actually be "46" not "40"...... "FAR 46".
    Prost ! Steve.
    It is FAR 40 that unit used the metal chinstraps for all ranks. The numbers have been burned into the interior leather.Thanks for the information about the year designation for the model I id not know that. I will try to get some more pics. I just moved to a different home after 41 years in the old one and things are still a mess.