Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???

Article about: A friend dropped by yesterday and wanted to trade for a German radio I had, as it was big and heavy, I was happy to get rid of it...he traded me this pointy hat..this is number 9 in 1 1/2 ye

?

Default Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???

A friend dropped by yesterday and wanted to trade for a German radio I had, as it was big and heavy, I was happy to get rid of it...he traded me this pointy hat..this is number 9 in 1 1/2 years, I have run out of space on my Fireplace mantle for these things

This one is well marked, but as usual it needs a little work, all the metal bits have been painted silver, so that has to come off.
    The pointy things base is a little bent..so that needs to be straightened..the chinstrap is a repro, but I can live with that ..and one edge of the rear peak needs to be straightened also. I have 2 I am slowly working on now..so this one is way down on my project list
    Still it is kinda nice, and it is a good size..it fits me...yes I had to try it on!!!

Please check out the photos and make comments..it still has the leather bits holding on the badge, I removed it to make sure the badge is original..and yes it is.

Dean O

Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leather pointy thing #9, not another one!!!???
    P
    Many

A Baden lid i think!....

looks a very nice one.

?

Yes it's a Baden Haube! So do you think the kockardes are original?
    Love it!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 05-04-2015 at 09:35 PM.

?

One is!!! not the other...

DEan O

Quote by CampX View Post
    One is!!! not the other...

DEan O
    Indeed so, one "State" and one Baden, how the hell did i miss that!....

?

Is the spike removable type?

?

THe spike is one piece

Dean O

?

Years ago I had a Baden M'15 with a non-removable spike. Yours is the only other steel non-removable spike I've seen on a helmet and it to is Baden.

Just noticed that yours is missing the support plate that goes inside under the spike.

?

When I cleaned the paint of the ,metal fittings, I can now see that the spike is not original to the helmet as it is a different colour of metal..so now I have to find the proper spike, I was not happy about that and made it well known to the fellow I got it from...he says he will make it up to me.

DEan O