Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Letter Translations

Article about: Hello, I would like help translating these three letters. I dont need it word for word just the gist of them. Thanks John

Thumbs up Letter Translations

Hello, I would like help translating these three letters. I dont need it word for word just the gist of them.

1st letter: first three pictures
    2nd letter: fourth picture
    3rd letter: last four pictures

Thanks
    John

Letter TranslationsLetter TranslationsLetter TranslationsLetter TranslationsLetter TranslationsLetter TranslationsLetter TranslationsLetter Translations

?

Hello, here is the content of the 1st and 3rd letter. The photo of middle letter is not sharp enough for my eyesight.

Letter No. 1

June 28, 1918
    Dear, dear Trude*
    Finally, a sign of life from you! It was really distasteful from you that you quite forgot about me and that aunt had to remind you to write to me. But I am very pleased with your letter, nevertheless. Cordial thanks!!! I was very glad to hear aunt is getting by. Yet, you do not mention anything at all about how you [here referring to plural] are doing. Hopefully well. We are doing pretty fine. Anni is quite busy. Liesel helps mother and Steffi swots (and also laud). And I am doing very well. Two things compensate me the whole stay in the country very much. I will explain what I mean. Perhaps has aunt already told you about it. I attend Hortensinen** of which I told you on many occasions. It takes place in the morning three times a week; on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Approximately at 8 AM, we need to be outside in Döbling***. Then we work in a large, wonderful garden. We also have painting lessons. The headmistress of the school is charming. You can imagine my joy, can’t you? Once a week can I assist outside in the garden and I am looking forward to it very much. The second [important event for me] is August 7, the day I will never forget! Approximately 2 weeks ago I met – guess who – Ms. [Lamatsch?] She was charming. Imagine, Trude, she invited me to visit her on August 7. Now you understand that for me is Vienna better than the countryside. I am already getting crazy from excitement and am thinking day and night only on August 7. I have written enough about me now, haven’t I?

Dearest small Trude, are you already looking forward to the school? I see. Neither I have learnt anything at all. Until now, I went swimming only once. But I will remedy it soon.
    Please, dear Trude, convey many greetings from us all to everyone.

Write soon and a lot, Dora
    PS: Burschi [?] greets as well. He is doing very well but he thinks very often on you [here referring to plural].

---
    * Diminutive of Gertrude, another version: Trudl.
    ** a sort of profession school for girls, apparently
    *** outskirts district of Vienna

Letter No. 3

My dearest, good Trudl!
    I was quite concerned that there was no news from you. Finally, your letter came in. Many thanks for it. How are you all doing? Are you satisfied with Adi? Did you have a rest? I am hugely looking forward to you.
    Can you already swim well? It will be fun when we will go swimming together. You wrote to me that you would like me to be in (Bad) Ischl. That made me very angry. Think, Trudl, …

[image of following pages No. 2-3 is too blurry and uncomfortable to read for my eyes.]

Please let me know when you will come to Vienna, so I could stay at home. I am very, very looking forward to you all. I cannot take it much longer.
    Please dearest Trudl, write to me very soon and a lot!!!
    Many thousands of kisses from your Dorl* (who is already eagerly awaiting your answer).

---
    * I am not completely sure with the name. It looks like "Dorl" – perhaps diminutive for Dorothe? In any case, it must be a girl’s name because the author refers to herself in feminine gender.