Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for an education on camoflage M16 stahlhelm

Article about: Does this helmet look authentic? I've been looking into the camouflaged M16 to help me when the time comes to pick one up. Maybe this one. However, I keep running into references to the dire

Default Looking for an education on camoflage M16 stahlhelm

Does this helmet look authentic?

Looking for an education on camoflage M16 stahlhelmLooking for an education on camoflage M16 stahlhelm

I've been looking into the camouflaged M16 to help me when the time comes to pick one up. Maybe this one. However, I keep running into references to the directive from 1918 on how to apply the camo paint (3 colors chosen from surroundings, finger width black lines, etc) but no translation of the instructions themselves. Does anyone know where I can find the entire directive? A lot of the examples I see have the black lines terminating in sharp junctures instead of rounded like in this example. Is this normal or a standard variation?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for an education on camoflage M16 stahlhelm
    P
    Many

From the pics so far it looks like it might be good.

I am certain Ludwig Baer's book has what you seek.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

For what it's worth, I like this one too. The wear, patina and paint looks of period to others i've seen. One has to remember as well that people interpret instructions differently than they may have been intended to be taken, and there's also an element of artistic licence in some cases.

This one looks convincing to me compared to plenty of others that just don't have that 'one look' that I believe this one has. It would be interesting to see pictures of the helm from all around and some close ups too for comparison with known originals, but personally, I really like what I see so far.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree it looks good.

?

Looks good to me.

I agree. It appears to be a good one - although it may
    be a rather small sized helmet ( 62 ? ).........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

I am certain Ludwig Baer's book has what you seek.
    That is definately what i need to get my hands on. Thanks Ade.

Matt

Also thanks to everyone else for your thoughts on this lid.

Matt