Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16

Article about: snagged this last summer for am old timer in townm16 liner has a tear in leather, I am having that repaired. liner material has held up super well No rust, pretty nice overall condition more

Default M16

snagged this last summer for am old timer in townm16
    liner has a tear in leather, I am having that repaired.
    liner material has held up super well
    No rust, pretty nice overall condition more then the liner, clips and overall condition

liner string is essential as good as the day it was first used,leather is supple. only issue is the split in the head band

I moved clips around when taking out liner they will be put back in the right place

what say ye
    thanks in advance
    Gen
    M16M16M16M16M16M16M16M16
    -

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16
    P
    Many

Ya did what now?

liner was in place, but split on side of the leather band,
    took it out to repair it. but I also might just put it in as is
    what do u think?

Cant focus on the helmet with the SH#T! Purdue rug underneath it

I-L-L-I-N-I

last time I checked the cannon is on our campus. Trophy series record
    Purdue leads, 33–28–2 . the way you guys have been playing its gonna be gathering dust in display for a few more years maybe forever

Nice lid, bad rug. It is a courageous thing to remove a broken liner of that age but it is good for me since it is the first time I see one removed from the helmet thus I can observe it's insides!!!

Keep us informed on the repairing project!!

GeneralPutnam, a courageous thing to do indeed ! I personally would of left it alone, as was......however that is my own opinion...... It is a lovely original example of an M16 Stahlhelm in, despite the broken liner, great condition for its age.
    If you post the markings, for example the maker size marks, example:- ET66 (it looks to be a size 66) and the series of letters & numbers on the inside of the crown/top, more information can be gleaned.
    It just needs a chinstrap to complete !
    Prost ! Steve.

The way the liner was split , it was actual hanging down putting pressure and med to long term it was going to end up being further damaged by father time and mother gravity. I did not want to display it upside down. so I figured if it remove it I can prevent further damage. the leather and materials are still extremely good for age which is why I was confident in removing it that it wasn't going to disintegrate in my hands.

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    The way the liner was split , it was actual hanging down putting pressure and med to long term it was going to end up being further damaged by father time and mother gravity. I did not want to display it upside down. so I figured if it remove it I can prevent further damage. the leather and materials are still extremely good for age which is why I was confident in removing it that it wasn't going to disintegrate in my hands.
    Fair enough
    Prost ! Steve.

great helmet, take care with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast