Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 - BF 64 - Garde Helmet

Article about: This one arrived today. I really like the mail home label, from Corporal James T. Jargo, to a family member who apparently lived at the Lowry Hotel in St. Paul Minnesota, misspelled "Lo

?

rare helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 - BF 64 - Garde Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Jim,

I've just had a quick look and, in the 1920 US census, have found a James I Jargo, born C.1889, in St Paul, Minnesota, who was living with his brother (Adam B) and sister-in-law in the St Paul Ward, Ramsey County, Minnesota. His occupation is stated as 'electrician'. However, it appears that he died that same year, on 2nd August 1920, in the Ramsey County district, Minnesota. I've then found a separate record in the 'Minnesota Cemetery Inscription index' which has a James Jargo buried in 'Forest Cemetery, St Paul', whose grave is marked 'Vet 128th Field Signal Corps'. Now I can't be 100% certain that these are one and the same person, but it's such an unusual name I'm fairly confident it is.

Cheers, Tom

?

Great looking lid.

Fitting, that 'Iago'* the soldier should have a Garde helmet (yes, I know its 'Jargo').

* Spurious Shakespeare reference.

?

Just curious.
    With this having the original "16" chin strap attachments and the steel liner ring, Wouldn't this be a 1917 model or M17?????

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Super helmet Jim!

What is sad in my in between insomnia and Rem state I dream of these mail backs.

I do have problems

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Wonderful Helmet nice insignia!

Congratulations
    Eric

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    What is sad in my in between insomnia and Rem state I dream of these mail backs.

I do have problems

Eric
    First step to a cure is admitting that there is a problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2