Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield

Article about: This one arrived yesterday from Giorgio. It has a lot of battle damage and paint loss, and is missing both lugs - presumably due to concussion, but the plusses outweigh the liabilities in my

Default M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield

This one arrived yesterday from Giorgio. It has a lot of battle damage and paint loss, and is missing both lugs - presumably due to concussion, but the plusses outweigh the liabilities in my mind. It was named, but the shrapnel hole in the rear of the apron has obliterated most of the soldier's name. It has the original liner (with a jury-rigged post war repair to attach the front pad to the liner band), and despite the paint loss the camo color scheme is still fairly attractive. It is also the first camo I have had that has white separation lines, and it has not only the remnants of the Hohenzollern Shield (which I believe is period applied) but also a "3" on the rear. I have posted many shots of the shield and the "3" because I couldn't get a really satisfactory shot of either this morning. I would suspect it was a battle field pick up after having laid in the field for a while. It must have been a beauty in its original state, but now it is what it is, a damaged but representative piece. Anyway, here it is, hope you like it. Jim G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield   M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield  

M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield   M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield  

M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield   M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield  

M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo - Bell"L"64 - Battle Damaged - Hohenzollern Shield
    P
    Many

Jim, a superb helmet despite the damage, the "been there" look is awesome ! a rare helmet with its paint and markings ! Indeed another fine acquisition ! Thanks for showing.............
    Prost ! Steve.

Very nice!!!
    There was(is) a name inside?

?

I agree, nice acquisition . I've haven't seen one with the white outlines before. The sield is a plus too! Even has some of the liner left. It's also is named, to a 'Fritz'?

They were all Fritz's ! lol

?

Jim,
    I think a bunch of people were watching this one primarily for its uniqueness.

Great pick up, thanks for sharing it.
    Regards,
    John

?

Super interesting and good looking lid in spite of the Wear and tear (which only adds character in my book (but then with my looks I have to say that)).

Awesome Helmet Jim and bags of character to boot many con-grats on this great buy and thanks for sharing............Jake.

Great helmet Jim.
    So many thing going for it.
    Great pick.
    chris

?

I like the fact that it is a "Bell L" too. So many of the real Garde Division helmets were. I think the division must have originally been issued with helmets from this manufacturer. Congratulations!

CCMJR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast