Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 Camo with odd shell

Article about: Guys, Another hole in my collection is filled! Yes!!!! Just picked this up today. Classic M16 camo with chinstrap and liner. One liner pad is off and the other two are there but very dry. Ch

MAP
    ?

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Micheal
    I am pretty sure the ridges you see, and probably are able to feel, are a result of the forming process called drawing. Draw dies must be kept highly polished and lubricated so the steel (helmet in this case) can flow freely into shape. If the die was in need of polishing, and/or the part ran dry, draw lines will result. A poor lot of steel could be the cause also. I have noticed helmets with heavy draw lines before but not as extensive as yours. At any rate I am sure they are not there intentionally but a result of the manufacturing process. Nice helmet.
    Steve
    Steve,

These ridges are as pronounce visually as well as by touch as corrugated steel. No exaggeration.

Thank to you and Asterperious for the feedback.

Asterperious - I just had to goggle the meaning of your screen name. LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo with odd shell
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

OK. Found the maker and heat lot code. LoL. I always thought it was BEHIND the left chinstrap lug. this one was in front of the lug. Its a Gebrueder Gnuechtel. (G62)

Heat lot code is R 1058 for Stahlwerk Röchling,Volkingen

Can't believe I missed these.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lovely Helmet Michael,always liked the M16's the most,great Camo scheme,well done on another top pickup.......

Very nice and thanks for posting this,and im glad you found the maker and lot number
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-01-2015 at 07:13 PM.

?

Beautiful piece of history. Congrats!!

Great Helmet.
    Someday I will have to replace the one I lost.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Lovely Helmet Michael,always liked the M16's the most,great Camo scheme,well done on another top pickup.......
    Thanks Jake! The collection is growing nicely but at a major expense to my bank account LoL

the upside is that I only have a dozen or more holes to fill before I'm done....and then I focus on visors. It never ends.

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Very nice and thanks for posting this on and im glad you found the maker and lot number
    Quite embarrassing after all these years that I missed the maker stamps the first time around.

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Great Helmet.
    Someday I will have to replace the one I lost.
    Ouch...how did THAT happen. I would be heartbroken.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Jake! The collection is growing nicely but at a major expense to my bank account LoL

the upside is that I only have a dozen or more holes to fill before I'm done....and then I focus on visors. It never ends.

Michael
    Very true Michael money and bank accounts hymmm,not always a great combination,and the nightmare never ends,what to or where to start next.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast