Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Article about: Ian..IMO even without a liner its worth that ! these cammo helmets are climbing in price, high prices at that....the liner could be a replacement or not I would need closer photos especially

Default M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Hello all,

just spotted this M16 (please correct me if I'm wrong!) camo stahlhelm for sale at a quite reasonable price. Hmm. Judging by what I've seen once before on a thread here I'm a little sceptical now that this is in fact a relic helmet with the paint applied later. Why else would there be pitting of the shell inside and out? Or maybe there could be? It goes without saying I'm no expert and thought some on here would like to add their pennyworth?

M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

Cheers,

Ian.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M16 Camo Stahlhelm. Real or faked?

We need better pics(close ups). Something tells me it's a repainted relic helmet. However it's hard to tell from the pics I also think the liner is not original to the helmet. Pics of the dome, inside of the skirt and rim will be most helpful.

Regards, Lars

It's an original shell...I actually like the paint, but I'm no expert on WW1 paint-schemes...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I also think the paint might stand a chance, but it's hard to tell much from the pics provided.

Cheers

Hi Lars,

sorry but no real chance of getting better pics as it's a gumtree job and these are all there are. Lately I've been having trouble getting replies from gumtree too. I agree though better pics would help. It's going for £200 by-the-way. I'm going to try anyway and see if I get a reply. If so, I'll post them up.

I think it stands a chance!

Hi Ian, looks to be good from the photographs shown.....age and wear and tear on the paint looks good, as is overall general patina...one of the rarer makers, "TJ 68" is for the firm "C. Thiel & Soehne" of Lubeck, they only made sizes 66 and 68.
    Prost ! Steve.

Looks like original paint, but the liner needs better photos.

Thank you for all your opinions gentlemen I really appreciate your points of view. New boys like myself can learn a great deal from threads like this.

I like the general hue of the paintwork but could not tell if the patina was due to wear and tear or pitting. I read a thread recently regarding a similar camo shell that I would have sworn was the real deal only to learn that many on here believed it to be a relic 'sexed-up'. Since that thread I tread lightly with most things.

In your opinion Steve, is £200 a fair price for this helmet, and what are the issues regarding the liner? I have mailed the seller regarding closer pics but have heard nothing as yet.

Many thanks,

Ian.

I like the look of it, my gut feeling is that the paint is period done!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast